Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some really fortunate pets on this forum!!

Question about 2 part dosing:

I did that today for the first time. My calc is low, my alk is not. I’m assuming I don’t want to try to do anything stupid like dose more calc and less alk? Any tips or anything I should know/watch for?

I dosed the exact same amount of both solutions, the same 4ml that I have been dosing for DKH alone every day.

I don’t know anything about dosing the two but everything I’ve seen says not to do this.

I would test tomorrow, and maybe a third day, to see if the calc is being drained at a repeatable faster rate. Until then, probably best to stick to two part to ensure things really don’t get out of whack.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran a full late night test on the frag tank. The only thing that was off were nitrates.

It looks like my phosphates are starting to hold up really well.

I dosed a rather strong 2ppm slug, whatever.

Can low nitrates cause corals to tense up?

I’m really excited for the new fish poop coming soon. I might even be able to run my fuge o_O
How low is too low? I wouldn’t think that would be an issue, but the Dino’s that come with zero nutrients certainly could be!

And I agree with you about the dosing, I’m going to follow the directions! Now ask me how embarrassingly low my Ca is :oops:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was on the couch. Loki does the same thing as your puppies. He takes my spot on on the bed. When I go to move him he protests with husky sounds. He is thr most people like dog I've ever had. He is also the most cat like dog I've ever had.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least Cassie does sleep in her own bed - but has to have her own pillow for her head. Not spoiled at all.

69BE3943-4688-48FD-A773-97C47DEB2B9A.jpeg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How low is too low? I wouldn’t think that would be an issue, but the Dino’s that come with zero nutrients certainly could be!

And I agree with you about the dosing, I’m going to follow the directions! Now ask me how embarrassingly low my Ca is :oops:

I don’t think low is bad either, as long as it’s present. Nitrates were about .5. This wilsoni is the first large coral I’ve cared for and seems to be sucking a lot of nitrate up (I’ve heard from others).

The Duncan is slightly more open this morning so maybe that had something to do with it.

How low is yiurca?

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Deleted

Last edited: