OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing Really... Not a Peep...... So just cause I might have mention a Lawyer ..... Everyone get quite.... Geez Not like I am going to call every last one of you as material witness's.... I have the screen shot that will be enough....
I knew I liked you! Lol. You fit right in!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this ,
cyanobacteria contain in their cell wall lipopolysaccharides (LPS) which are qualified as endotoxins which can have an irritant or allergenic potential. These LPS are similar to those present in the cell wall of Gram negative bacteria. These compounds are presumed to have potential irritant effects (irritation of the skin and mucous membranes) or could irritate the gastrointestinal system if ingested (Cheung et al., 2013);

I added a conch a few years ago and have 2 currently in the little tank, I was told that they are one of the few things that can deal with the toxins, I always recommend them now, the smaller the better as they climb better. :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a serious question about candles and plug-ins. I haven't used any since having the tank, but I really miss the apple cinnamon at Christmas. Could I?
Bake some apples! Let me know when! :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fried chicken tenders in the air fryer, and made a tomato basil and white wine sauce with spaghetti noodles. Sounds fancy. Woulda been had it been actual white wine and not the cooking kind. Still though, yum. That air fryer is a gift from heaven.
Pressure cookers as well
Dominoes... Papa John's... you guys wouldn't know a good pie if it fell in your mouths! Ain't that right, @NY_Caveman !
Cassy's pizza is really good. Don't really care for deep dish. Yep and I've had the good ones in chi town. Ny is good.
Peloton-om-nom!
I wonder if you could peloton to the oldies.
IMG_20191215_072513_01.gif

More like 12
I doubt it’s dino, Dino occurs rather suddenly after a major nutrient shift, typically to levels going to 0.

Try and send a pic, incorrectly diagnosing Dino is dangerous since the way to cure it is so intense.
It's not that bad raise nutrients, uv and pull out macroalgae out. @12gallonsofhex just beat the hardest. No real drastic treatments. Oh cyano and dino can be living right next to each other.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking it's a matter of self preservation. Fish eat less, insures a larger food source?
What I meant is that cyanobacteries, while they die fall to the bottom and liberate all kind of organic matters like dna strand nucleotides and amino acids wich serves as 'food' for those heterotrophe bacterias. Those release CO2 wich then feeds in part tthe cyanos and the cycle goes on and on but the anyway the point is specially that cyanos have dedicated fertilizer building cells...
I'm thinking it's a matter of self preservation. Fish eat less, insures a larger food source?
maybe lol the small world is full of surprises. Like I said before there is much more life in a single aquarium than there will ever be humans that walked this earth

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a serious question about candles and plug-ins. I haven't used any since having the tank, but I really miss the apple cinnamon at Christmas. Could I?
I do... no oil diffusers or incense or those plug in air fresheners.

But I do burn scented candles. I also run carbon 24/7 and try to stay on top of water changes. I've never seen anything bad happen after burning a candle tho.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a conch a few years ago and have 2 currently in the little tank, I was told that they are one of the few things that can deal with the toxins, I always recommend them now, the smaller the better as they climb better. :)
Conchs are seriously tough. Remember the metal contaminated sand? Mine dug all thru that stuff for a year before I removed it. Most other inverts never lasted... my pin cushion urchin melted after a few hours.

Conchs are tanks.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conchs are seriously tough. Remember the metal contaminated sand? Mine dug all thru that stuff for a year before I removed it. Most other inverts never lasted... my pin cushion urchin melted after a few hours.

Conchs are tanks.
What are requirements of conchs? They seem like cool things but I’m scared of killing things off.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are requirements of conchs? They seem like cool things but I’m scared of killing things off.
I'd say a sand bed and algae. There are two types I know of in the hobby. Fighting conchs and tiger conchs. Fighting conchs dont actually fight, not sure why they are named that. They get big. This was mine...

20191215_093541.jpg

Tiger conchs stay smaller I believe and are better suited for a smaller tank. They have a different foot than snails. They can't really climb, but they sort of hop/scoot on the bottom of the tank and stir/dig thru the sand and will clean the bottom 2-3" of the rocks.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a sand bed and algae. There are two types I know of in the hobby. Fighting conchs and tiger conchs. Fighting conchs dont actually fight, not sure why they are named that. They get big. This was mine...

20191215_093541.jpg

Tiger conchs stay smaller I believe and are better suited for a smaller tank. They have a different foot than snails. The can't really climb, but they sort of hop/scoot on the bottom of the tank and stir/dig thru the sand and will clean the bottom 2-3" of the rocks.
How deep of sand is needed? I’ve got a footprint of 24x24 but a decent bit of rock on there.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep of sand is needed? I’ve got a footprint of 24x24 but a decent bit of rock on there.
A 60 cube would be fine for one fighting or maybe 2 tigers. 1-2"... that's all I had. I'm sure a deeper bed would be fine, but I wouldn't want one to go digging thru an anaerobic zone in the sand and releasing a whole bunch of ethylmethylkillyoudead...

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have y'all been getting scam texts lately? Seems like for the last month I've been getting texts about...

"Your package had been returned to our facility due to incomplete address. Please click link and fill out all your personal information so we can charge a new yacht to your credit."

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 60 cube would be fine for one fighting or maybe 2 tigers. 1-2"... that's all I had. I'm sure a deeper bed would be fine, but I wouldn't want one to go digging thru an anaerobic zone in the sand and releasing a whole bunch of ethylmethylkillyoudead...
In a 75 I can have two tigers?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have y'all been getting scam texts lately? Seems like for the last month I've been getting texts about...

"Your package had been returned to our facility due to incomplete address. Please click link and fill out all your personal information so we can charge a new yacht to your credit."
Not txt but the USPS send me a notice. Seems legit since I never got my package. Tracking says it's back at original senders USPS.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20191215_093541.jpg

Tiger conchs stay smaller I believe and are better suited for a smaller tank. They have a different foot than snails. They can't really climb, but they sort of hop/scoot on the bottom of the tank and stir/dig thru the sand and will clean the bottom 2-3" of the rocks.

;)

DSC_0029 (1) (1024x683).jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's some dingy glass, and how'd he get up there? Mine didn't have a climbing foot, he just pushed himself around with a peg leg like thing.

That is the larger one, once they get too big they can't do it.
Grubby puddle glass, I only clean the front glass. ;)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back