Brand New Red Sea 250!!

paulgriffin971

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2020
Messages
117
Reaction score
81
Location
McMinnville
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd saltwater reef! I’m SO excited! I saved up and finally got a Red Sea. If I had more $, I would have gone bigger, but this will be me baby. It was purchased on June 17, and SLOWLY progressed over the past two months.

BAFEA76D-1172-4447-928E-EE69DB52846E.jpeg CEF734EB-AA10-436A-8ABA-503B9C90F4A0.jpeg
 
Looking good, can't wait to see it full of corals!!
 
following. Good luck! I upgraded to a RS250 back in March and its been great. I haven't put together a new build thread yet tho.
 
The best part about the red sea is that everything comes wiyh it except for lights, pump, and skimmer. That way you can customize. Cost works out in my favor that way. I plan on doing monitoring and dosing manually for a while so I can understand more about what does what For specific corals, and save space in the cabinet. Then maybe an apex. The glass and cabinet are top notch. I’m running a single hydra52 for lighting, and two mp-10’s for extra flow. I used live rock and got apstasia and majano right out of the gate. Not bad, but yeah there’s that. The one thing I don’t really care for is the gravity top off system. It only lasts 3 days, and the tank covers half of the sump. Probably run a side mounted ATO for extra volume in the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new