Brand specific forums?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odds are I’m not the first person to ever post this suggestion or similar. There is so much valuable info on this forum and doing a search only scratches the surface of some items. As the information grows finding the specific data becomes more daunting. While I’m relatively new to R2R but forums are not new to me at all. There are many brand specific forums out there full of info and are well organized. Having brand specific sections under categories would help people find info faster IMHO.

One area in particular that is a hodge podge is the member aquarium discussion section. As an example, If I have a Red Sea 750, I can post in “members tanks”, “Large Aquariums” or “AIO”.

I think one way to help the Aquariums section would be to create a Red Sea section then sub categorize it similar to what Red sea does on there web site.

Controllers is another section that could stand some love.

Anyway just my thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting idea, seriously worth consideration.

However, IMHO I think there are almost too many forums already and doing brands could lead to even more confusion. Rather than the 'members tanks', 'large aquariums', and 'AIO', you'd have 4 forums with Red Sea added in. And who decided which specific brands get a forum and who gets left out? One last point, if you have a specific Red Sea question, there is a Red Sea sponsor forum. I'm not saying your idea isn't a good one, but I think it has the potential to just make matters worse.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, IMHO I think there are almost too many forums already and doing brands could lead to even more confusion. Rather than the 'members tanks', 'large aquariums', and 'AIO', you'd have 4 forums with Red Sea added in. And who decided which specific brands get a forum and who gets left out? One last point, if you have a specific Red Sea question, there is a Red Sea sponsor forum. I'm not saying your idea isn't a good one, but I think it has the potential to just make matters worse.

Yes, I agree and considered those very thoughts as I was writing.. That's where a little Moderation reinforcement needs to be applied till people get the idea. Also I think by moving allot of threads to said forum would help encourage folks to use it. As for what manufacture gets a forum and which doesn't... Popularity should prevail. Using Red Sea as an example there is a Red Sea thread that is absolutely a monster. Presently at 379 pages.. Tons of info in 1 thread but DANG.
Thread for reference
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/show-off-and-discuss-your-red-sea-reefer-series.219309/page-379

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back