BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't need to know the chemical formula and I'm not a chemist, but I would need to know how this works before putting it in my tank.

Most medicines in reefing work because they're dangerous to living things in general or because they attack a broad range of creatures sharing similar characteristics. Copper kills ich because copper is deadly to most marine inverts. Bayer kills pests on corals because Bayer is a neurotoxin and kills (or severely damages) anything with a central nervous system, including humans.

Claiming to have a compound that affects Amakusaplana acroporae and nothing else is a bold enough claim given how similar most marine invertebrates are. Claiming the compound is also safe for humans and animals is exceptionally bold. I'm looking forward to having my skepticism proven wrong.
100% guaranteed they will tell you it's a proprietary formula and you wont know what's in it. Really unfortunate. I get it, just saying that's how it will go.

Last edited:

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I understand a lot of people have dealt with aefw and many have lost the battle. But dang you guys are salty over this thread. It was started 12 days ago and people are already complaining about a release date. isnt patience one if the staples of success in this hobby and you cant have any for further info or an official product release before you start with the torches and pitchforks?

Take a chill pill and relax. Either it will work and all your problems are solved, or it wont and you are back to where you were yesterday. There will be plenty of first hand reports on if it works as advertised (while following instructions...) or not, but at this point there is no reason to start flaming UWC already.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So true . Everyone should be happy not complain about it . I mean obviously they have seen positive results in their testing or else they wouldnt have thrown themselves to the wolves . Will it work 100% as advertised we will see , but be happy there's a potential breakthrough in the hobby . As for people looking for ingredients and a msds lol just relax .

I understand a lot of people have dealt with aefw and many have lost the battle. But dang you guys are salty over this thread. It was started 12 days ago and people are already complaining about a release date. isnt patience one if the staples of success in this hobby and you cant have any for further info or an official product release before you start with the torches and pitchforks?

Take a chill pill and relax. Either it will work and all your problems are solved, or it wont and you are back to where you were yesterday. There will be plenty of first hand reports on if it works as advertised (while following instructions...) or not, but at this point there is no reason to start flaming UWC already.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

People are asking for a release date with excited anticipation. What is going on in your head for you to think that equates to “complaining?” You’re trying to white knight something that doesn’t need a white night. Are you new to the Internet or something?

I keep reading about these so called salty comments but it doesn’t seem that way from what I’m reading... sure there are skeptical people but I think everyone like myself included are excited about potential cure to this problem that plagues our hobby.

Go eat a snickers or something bro

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
@2Wheelsonly -- To be fair, some people are complaining. Some people are fighting. Some people are (as you said) anxiously awaiting information. It's a mixed bag of about everything. I do believe this thread has been mildly cleaned up too but I may be wrong.

And lastly -- It's easy to imprint our own context on written content. Maybe it just looked salty to him, as he perceived it that way.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20180726_103216272_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180726_103242974_HDR.jpg

Stay tuned.

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't believe it's been asked, but will this product also eradicate Montipora eating nudibranchs?

mclark452

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I hope it works.....got them turds in one of my systems and 2 emails to UWC went unreplied to. Perfect test situation here....If it works, I'll be one of the first to order....If it is legit, hope they have plenty. Wish they would have at least replied to my request....not looking for a freebee, I'll pay you for a bottle or 2...what the heck

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC Turn off the protein skimmer. Check. Remove carbon. (assuming Purigen, GFO, and the like as well...) Check. What about UV sterilizer?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't believe it's been asked, but will this product also eradicate Montipora eating nudibranchs?

This product won't kill ANYTHING except AEFW. Not pods, inverts, other flatworms, not stars, not fish, no cows, not pesky turkeys. Nothing, but AEFW. They made that pretty clear in the first post, that it kills absolutely nothing except AEFW :D

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
This product won't kill ANYTHING except AEFW. Not pods, inverts, other flatworms, not stars, not fish, no cows, not pesky turkeys. Nothing, but AEFW. They made that pretty clear in the first post, that it kills absolutely nothing except AEFW :D

Yeah, that's what I thought. Now, I can't wait for the post "BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated Montipora eating nudibranch's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment." :)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought. Now, I can't wait for the post "BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated Montipora eating nudibranch's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment." :)

I'm still waiting on ditching the pesky turkeys -_-

But I'm using this product. It has harmed literally nothing in the tank but AEFW so far. Not a single thing. Not even pods.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on ditching the pesky turkeys -_-

But I'm using this product. It has harmed literally nothing in the tank but AEFW so far. Not a single thing. Not even pods.

Just curious, did you witness the AEFW coming off the acro's and dying?? Thank you...

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Just curious, did you witness the AEFW coming off the acro's and dying?? Thank you...

No, they were too small to see in real time and I run a lot more flow than most. I also went back and forth between the display and frag tank, and just noticed them floating around like little bits of pepper.

Don't worry. I'm going to hand dip them in melafix to confirm they were actually all killed. I was told the biggest AEFW are more hearty, and could take upwards of 24 hours to ensure they're dead.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back