BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I will post here when we do, so just make sure to get email alerts from this thread :)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC, congrats on making such an astounding breakthrough. Any chance I can get my hands on a couple of bottles in Europe? [emoji4]

I do not have an issue now but I believe it would be great as prophylactic treatment for corals in a separate tank before putting them in the main system.

Keep up the good work!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC, congrats on making such an astounding breakthrough. Any chance I can get my hands on a couple of bottles in Europe? [emoji4]

I do not have an issue now but I believe it would be great as prophylactic treatment for corals in a separate tank before putting them in the main system.

Keep up the good work!
His new coral dip may be a better option for you.
https://www.uwcmn.com/expel-coral-cleanse

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC
I will pm you!
By the way, does Purge kill monti eating nudi?

Yes :)

Keep up the good work!

Vince at AquariumConnectionsUK will be receiving a order soon. Hoping to be able to get a small shipment out to him next week :)

Thanks! But is this 100% effective on AEFW and other nasties? Need to find a way to get my hands on these...

Yup, they don’t stand a chance :)

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Are you meaning interceptor? That stuff requires you to have a dog with heart worms to get the prescription needed for the treatment.
Not with heartworms, it's a heartworm prevention. You just need a dog, haha
You used to be able to just buy it online, and vets used to prescribe it to you willy nilly if you explained the situation. It may be harder now..
Without getting too off track, I believe dr gs dip is the same active ingredient as interceptor, theres been some experimenting with it in-tank here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dr-gs-red-bugs.301262/

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Not with heartworms, it's a heartworm prevention. You just need a dog, haha
Without getting too off track, I believe dr gs dip is the same active ingredient as interceptor, theres been some experimenting with it in-tank here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dr-gs-red-bugs.301262/

I actually called a vet wanting some and they wouldn't give it to me unless I brought in my dog. Who knows, maybe people are snorting it or something... That's why formaldehyde is hard to get in California now... Some genius figured out smoking it got you high.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
I actually called a vet wanting some and they wouldn't give it to me unless I brought in my dog. Who knows, maybe people are snorting it or something... That's why formaldehyde is hard to get in California now... Some genius figured out smoking it got you high.

No, Vets can lose their license by prescribing it without seeing the dog as the treatment itself can kill dogs if they already have heart-worms and you give it to them.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
16 ounce bottle treats 50 gallons? Man hope I never need this on my 250 gallon system! I better get the expel to make sure. :)

Great work @UWC ! Love seeing these options!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Well looks like I have 35 pages to view- Im sure the questions been asked but its the in tank egg eradication/killing Id like to hear about.

Battled these AEFW twice in my hobbies time, all that pain and suffering to be AEFW free was worth it but this is great news if delivers-

Oh and if does what it claims-congrats to the person having the copyright for becoming a multi millionaire ;)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh and if does what it claims-congrats to the person having the copyright for becoming a multi millionaire ;)
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe this is something that can be patented. They can only keep it exclusive until someone else finds out how to make something similar. Its unfortunate, since I'm sure we would all love to know what is in this and similar products but if they revealed it they would have no legal protections.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
I haven't even ordered my DT yet and I find this very exciting because I am fascinated by technical advances. The idea that by the time I am ready to have SPS in my tank and not having to worry about AEFW's is amazing.

I view this similar as Poma Labs showing the latest high end fish that they are tank breeding. We do live in very interesting times!

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I guess if you keep the corals in QT and dip with expel every week or so for 3-4 weeks you should be safe right?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Minimum of 4 and that would work :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We are getting a lot of messages on what the product is. Obviously we are not going to say but I can tell you from testing numerous things, what it is not.

Levamisole- no, not affective unless dosages are high enough that causes serious problems within the tank.
Prohibit - dangerous stuff which also causes issues within the tank.
Wormwood - I’m not sure where all the talk about wormwood being affective came from except some guy on YouTube saying he used it. We tested it, It is useless against AEFW’s.
Praziquantel - could be used as a dip I suppose but would not be affective against AEFW’s unless dosages are sky high.

Most of the chemicals listed above have been tested out by many hobbyists and there are quite a few threads talking about them and you can see why they never became a valid solution.

What I will tell you is this is a blend of things that no one has ever talked about in the reefing world. It took a long time to figure out what worked and what dosages were safe to be used within our reefs :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 72 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back