Breakthecycle2's new build

He's a vendor on this forum and local to us. He's in brooklyn.
Here is his forum.
reefomania

His work is impeccable and quite a few locals have his tank.
 
OK. Well, finally got a new builder. I went with Fluid Designs. Dave is a really nice guy and seems very honest. I ordered the tank 3 weeks today and was given a 4-6 week lead time. It should be done "soon" ( I really hope). I also bought a new sump from them which is supposed to ship today. The one in this thread was just too big for my stand. My stand was build with 4x4's, so the overall width took a good hit and the sump was rubbing on the sides.
 
New sump is here and the tank is schedule for delivery Tuesday.

0206151314.jpg
0206151314a.jpg
0206151314b.jpg
 
Beautiful tank bud!!! It's about time!!!
 
wow! the tank, stand, and sump look fantastic! what size is that tank? it looks huge??!!! that is going to be amazing when it's set up. So glad to see you were able to get another tank in a reasonable amount of time!
 
wow! the tank, stand, and sump look fantastic! what size is that tank? it looks huge??!!! that is going to be amazing when it's set up. So glad to see you were able to get another tank in a reasonable amount of time!

Yeah they finished it in 3 weeks and I had it at my door 6 days later. Its 72x28x22 starfire rimless with external overflow.
 
Im so ****** livid right now. The back panel is cracked. It looks like there was a small crack on the back bottom panel, that I did not see. I don't know what to do. The manufacture is going to blame the shipping company, but I signed for it. The original crack was so small.
0214151718.jpg
0214151718b.jpg
0214151729.jpg
 
I'm so sorry to hear this. You've had a lot of frustration - have you contacted the manufacturer? you won't know what they will say until you contact them. I went through two cracked tanks (upon delivery) until I got one delivered crack free. I went through amazon and they did right by me and sent the crack free third tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new