Breakthecycle2's new build

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months of planning, scammers, crooks headaches etc...I finally have almost all my equipment. I ordered my tank 2 months ago and it will be here next week. It's a 72x28x22 rimless, dual corner overflows, black silicone and black background. My stand was completed yesterday (also after numerous headaches and people who BS'd me saying they could build it for me.) For equipment, I went with a Tunze ATO, Bubble Magnus Curve 9, 3 Radion G3's, Two MP 40's, DC ( I think) 1200 adjustable return pump. I have 150 pounds of dry rock and 100 pounds of sand ready to go. My sump is over sized at 48x24x18. It's black acrylic with a clear front panel. 30 gallon fuge section and a 15 gallon ATO section. Still need my Apex, heater, return pump for fuge, reeflink for Radion's and probably a bunch of other things I'm forgetting. I am coming from a Elos system 120 (thats still for sale and sitting at my old apartment), so I wanted it to resemble that setup on a bigger scale. Let me know what you think so far. The tile'd frame you see is a mini backsplash to add to the look. For anyone wondering, yes I got the idea from member "Diesel" on this board.

1210141307.jpg
1210141307a.jpg
1210141307b.jpg
1210141307c.jpg
1210141307d.jpg
 
Well, just when I thought everything was almost done, I find out last night, my tank was never even started and I can't a straight answer as to why. 9 weeks wasted. Can anyone recommend a tank manufacturer? I wont use glass cages and I already called Coast to Coast.
 
wow wow, watch out, there's a little tiger in the house. :D what a cutie! the stand looks so nice.
Can't wait to see how the tank set up :) good luck!

The kitten is a ******* lol. He's part wild cat (asian leopard cat) so his bite and claws are ridiculous.

As far as the tank goes, I've hit a standstill. The place I ordered it from over 9 weeks ago informed me this week, he doesn't know what is going on with the tank because the guy making them had a family emergency and never told anyone. So I have nothing right now.
 
Well, I was informed today that all the glass is cut and polished but has not been put together yet. I am being told I will have it in January fro sure, so I don't know anymore. I did, however, asked them if they could build a ghost overflow rather then two internal ones (my original thought). It doesn't seem to be an issue, but they are going to let me know.
 
If you want local, I've seen some of reefoman's tanks and they are amazing. There's a few guys around here that have tanks built by him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new