Breeding Blue Damsels

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Yellow Tail Blue Damsels and three Blue Devil Damsels and recently on of the blue tail has started trying to hang out with one the blue devils in one of my powerheads when I turn them off when feeding.
Now I have to be extra careful turning them back on. Well as luck would have it, my kind of luck, one of them was in the powerhead, didn't see it, and now has some missing scales but appears to be recovering.
I know I won't be attempting to raise the fry but hate to "interfere"... Raising fish is never a dull moment would you agree?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on a damsel kick lately. I think they get a bad rap. There are so many different ones, i love the 3 stripe and domino.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they get a bad rap.
Yes. A lot of the aggression comes from them being usually kept as singles. In a pair or a harem they are usually too busy with themselves to bother other fish too much.
Singles, on the other hand, have no outlet for their aggression and let it out on other fish.
But it also depends on the species and size they can reach.
I had a fully grown spawning pair of dominos by themselves in a 100-liter tank and you couldn't put a hand in there without getting attacked.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%

Back