Breeding clown fish questions.

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
So about a month ago I bought 3 ocellaris clown fish. I noticed last night that two of them look like they are pregnant. Being new to all this, I thought it might be cool to try and raise some of the fry. If possible anyways. I've been doing a lot of research and plan on keeping them in either a 5 or 10 gallon tank. My questions are what is the best way to set up the tank (pictures are much appreciated if you have any), how do you remove the babies (I've heard of siphoning out the babies once they hatch or removing the rock that the eggs are on), and what do you feed the babies (is culturing your own rotifers and phytoplankton the only way? If so, what do your setups look like?) Thanks in advance guys
-K

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be that they are not pregnant, clowns will pair up and females will fight to the death.

As for pics and some info on what you'd need to raise clown fry you can check out my thread for my breeding project. I haven't updated it in some time but you should find some of what your asking for there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back