Breeding Orchid and Indigo dottybacks...

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
822
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Orchid and the striped dottyback have been breed to create the Indigo dottyback but has anyone had success breeding with an Orchid and a Indigo dottyback?
 
I have tried to breed the orchids. But never with the Indigo. I would be curious to see if anyone has. I've found the dottybacks to be difficult as the larvae are very small (smaller than clownfish larvae) and have a very specialized diet when first born.
 
Does anyone know if Indigos are even fertile? I am guessing they are since I see them for sale a lot but someone in my local club brought up a good point that there is a chance they'd be infertile but guessing they aren't as that mean they'd be reliant on an orchid and striped dottyback only and to me that would mean they'd be significantly more expensive on the market...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new