Breeding Peppermint Shrimp

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could figure out how to reverse the flow, then it would probably work better for Cassiopeas, pelagics like moons and such would suffer though. A kreisel would be better for most applications.

Reversing the flow would essentially create a diffusion tube (although I prefer the nickname a lab manager called them: "ctenotubes"). Pretty fun

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could figure out how to reverse the flow, then it would probably work better for Cassiopeas, pelagics like moons and such would suffer though. A kreisel would be better for most applications.

Reversing the flow would essentially create a diffusion tube (although I prefer the nickname a lab manager called them: "ctenotubes"). Pretty fun

Cassiopea jellyfish would probably do just fine in the sink if you left the ceiling light on :) So advanced flow solutions is not needed in that case. One air bubble per second or a very slow water flow is enough. Below is our very temporary holding bucket for some of our Cassiopea today. Doesn't look great, but they do fine and grow.
Foto 2020-10-06 09 42 46.jpg

For other jellyfish species a large tube with "upwelling" can work well. We tried a 2 m high cylinder a few year ago. It didn't work out that well so it turned into something else. But the idea is the same as an "egg tumbler" I think. I agree on a kreisel tank would be eaiser for keeping pelagic jellyfish.

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like a pregnant shrimp???
IMG_20210308_154555.jpg
IMG_20210308_154649.jpg

Buffy porcupine slayer.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boyfriend and I going to start our hand in breeding peppermint shrimp, maybe other shrimp too. I was wondering with your system like that how is you hatch and Survival rate on the shrimp? This our system he base off of your Article on here. We are doing this. where we live sometime it is hard for us to get to the store. The store is starting to have a hard time getting shrimp in. Love to message and talk more
20230919_114211.jpg

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boyfriend and I going to start our hand in breeding peppermint shrimp, maybe other shrimp too. I was wondering with your system like that how is you hatch and Survival rate on the shrimp? This our system he base off of your Article on here. We are doing this. where we live sometime it is hard for us to get to the store. The store is starting to have a hard time getting shrimp in. Love to message and talk more
20230919_114211.jpg
did your set up work for you and your boyfriend?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back