Breef320

Breef320

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
49
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Glad to be back in the hobby!
It’s been a few years since I’ve really researched reef keeping and boy has it changed.
I started my first reef in 2007 and kept a mixed 75g reef until I had kids in 2016. Back then we were still trying to decide if LEDs were capable of keeping a reef…

Well…in 2020 my wife bought me an IM Nuvo 10 for Christmas. I happily started getting equipment together, built a stand, and got it wet. (Radion XR15g4 pro, Apex classic, and all the fixin’s)

Well since then…not a lot happened other than keeping the tank topped off and an occasional salinity check. The coated algae tank was less than appealing in the entryway of our house

Late October I took the kids to the LFS and well, it was over. The kids, and I, were re-hooked. It’s been a family event ever since.

We cleaned up the tank and started to get the tank chemistry all squared away again. About a month ago, we got our first fish and 2 weeks ago, our first corals.

I’m very excited to be back and while my tank is the smallest I’ve ever had, the challenge is exciting.

Brian
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
T Rex Hello GIF
 
Believe it or not, the small tanks are easier to make mistakes on. I know that sounds strange, but I found it to be true. Heard several experts in videos talk about this and it did make sense. Not trying to discourage you. Just wish someone would have explained this to me when I started out. Good luck and have fun! Welcome to R2R!
IMG_1726.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new