brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the ato. Keeping my salinity spot on at 1.026
It’s the tunze nano. Got it for $40
Man am I going thru rodi now. I need to get an rodi machine but I don’t really have anywhere to put it. Although I do have a bathroom in my bedroom hmmm ;)

97FE1CD2-A47D-48CC-AA84-7BE3B7F14B0C.jpeg

OP
OP
brett_schn

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the one on the right because my eyes are rubbish, keep testing. nitrates and phos. let it settle.
Don’t have any tests for those yet. My lfs tested and said all is still good the other day. I’m ordering the Red Sea test prob tomorrow or something.
Also I’m waiting for a call about a job at my lfs!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have any tests for those yet. My lfs tested and said all is still good the other day. I’m ordering the Red Sea test prob tomorrow or something.
Also I’m waiting for a call about a job at my lfs!

The test kit costs are less than some frags, "Make it so!" or I will hop across the pond, drink beers with your dad and interrogate you about the tank! ;)

OP
OP
brett_schn

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so as of today the tank has been up for 1 month. I must say. The water is crystal clear and absolutely beautiful. And all I run is a single filter sock.
It about 2 weeks I’ve already had 2 polyps grow on my bam bam zoas and the frogs spawns have healed a little. Still haven’t fully adjusted and the smaller one hasn’t opened much.
As for the clown. They are pairing and I’m thinking they might eventually lay eggs. They live their food
Snails and hermits are doing great
Algae isn’t much to say. Looks like I have a slight bit of Cyano starting to take hold. Ordering a turkey baster too
Ok here’s what I know you guys really want. PICTURES!

Also if anyone has any tips for better pictures im open to advice!
DB55D32F-6617-4D27-A077-122F2A94145F.jpeg
9E8FCB3D-4EC0-4525-9292-FD5086214DD2.jpeg

OP
OP
brett_schn

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been cleaning my closet all day in order to make my tank area cleaner by moving extra equipment and stuff into the closet! I’m thinking about finishing the stand soon but I would rather do the sump first because honestly the open industrial stand is kinda cool. Makes me more inclined to clean it and make it purty

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The water is crystal clear! I've been looking at a control panel for all my gear. It's funny how much we accumulate... and then keep accumulating. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
brett_schn

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The water is crystal clear! I've been looking at a control panel for all my gear. It's funny how much we accumulate... and then keep accumulating. ;Hilarious
Yeah all my reefing friends know me for having the clearest water! Wanna know my secret?
absolutely nothing. Inconsistent water changes. No testing yet etc. I think it’s because I’m running natural sea water

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back