Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some top down shots
Coral1.jpg

Coral2.jpg

Coral3.jpg

Mili1.jpg

It is hard to believe that the tank is only 2.5 years old. The coral growth and colors that you have been able to achieve is nothing short of amazing. Great job.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could dig a little, but I’ll just ask what kind of lights are u running?
I live in central wi it’s beautiful here but not much for an lfs
I have 5 Mitras LX7206's over the tank. Great fixtures imo.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many would you recommend for a 4x2x2 tank
I would start with 2. The reason I kept adding more was to try and solve shadowing issues. They have a bigger footprint than most fixtures so shading starts out as a minor problem. The only reason I added the last 2 is because I have SPS from the front to the back of my tank. If I had the typical setup with most of the coral in the back 2/3 of the tank I would have been fine with 3.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew,
Your reef is off the hook!!

It would be nice to be closer with your family too.

Any updates on your kitchen re-build?
Thanks!

The kitchen floor is in and grouted. Still have some cleanup to do. Right now my washing machine is in the middle of the kitchen. The dryer is in my bedroom. I broke out the old tile from my laundry room and got half the new tile in yesterday. The last of the tile in there went down an hour ago. Tomorrow I will grout that.
New counters get installed on Monday. After that it is the wood trim and installing a backsplash. Unless I switch the range from electric to natural gas, that will be done.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!

It all looks nice and clean.

Great job... ;Wideyed
Simple, but very functional. And, if I damage the top, I can take it off with 8 screws. A few minutes with the sander and a couple coats of polyurethane and its good as new.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I did a little work with the aquarium. Refilled the Oxydator. Cleaned the glass. Filled the ATO, and changed filter socks.
Then I decided I would do some work outside since it has turned into a beautiful day here. Figured I would get the pool cleaned up and ready for the summer. Started the vacuum and added 160 pounds of salt. I had to get water softener salt since all the pool salt is sold out around here. No big deal, just need to push it around with the pool brush to get it to dissolve. But.. I noticed my salinity readings in the pool hadn't changed. Sure enough... I had a failure in my chlorinator unit. I had this happen a few years ago and still had an extra of the part. Pulled it apart and got the new part installed.
1586630781831.png

With the new part soldered in, it worked find and I saw I needed more salt so I added another 80 pounds. Was pushing it around to dissolve and the brush snapped.
1586630856946.png

I can take a hint. Going to make a margarita, grab the kindle, and go lay out by the pool. I'm obviously not supposed to be working today.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back