Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! Knocked out another project today.
EF3376EF-6200-42A5-BCCB-EB59E6A1BA4D.jpeg

To
1FC054D1-707A-4DD2-ADF1-A58B597044C6.jpeg

I’m thinking either a more gray shade of green or a blue gray. Paint samples is on the next to-do list
Keep it green. I voted.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going? When is the show refugium going up?
Things are going ok. The refugium is going to have to wait. It can only happen if I decide to make the empty, larger bedroom into a fish room. If I set up a new aquarium in the main living area I won't have room for a display. Lots of tile to put down before either can happen.

When you go on vacation, we can come tank sit. Just turn off the video cameras on the pool. ;)
Vacation? Isn't that one of those things no one is allowed to do right now and may never be allowed to do again? :eek::p

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it hasn't been a good night. A friend of mine wasn't feeling good about 2 months ago. He hated going to the doctor so put it off until we and his family convinced him he needed to go. Less than 4 weeks ago he was diagnosed with cancer. Because of the social distancing, I just found that out 2 days ago. He passed away today.
He was 54 with 2 kids in college and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Obviously, there will be no funeral. We met when our kids were in High School marching band together. When things allow, I've been asked to host a get together for all of the band dads to celebrate his life.
2020 continues to be very unkind.

PSA: If you are sick and don't feel well, go to the doctor.

U

User1

View Badges
PSA: If you are sick and don't feel well, go to the doctor.

This is true. Even during the train wreck of the past couple months and two or more in the future to come. To all the ladies out there just ignore the rest of my reply but here it goes. To all the men this means the dreaded "mens health" checkups. Especially to the lads just dinging 50 or those 45 to 50 with a family history.

Yeah - I'm talking about the colonoscopy. It is bad enough we put off physicals but these I wouldn't. Believe it or not one of the guys I talk to regularly on another board told his story and that was enough for me. Someone I never met before in person yet his advise made my decision to do that vs. labs or sample by mail.

Totally derailed the bloody thread now didn't I? But in all honesty that is what hit me when I read your post. Really sorry to hear about the passing of a friend.

Sending golden bombs of light and positive vibes your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. They are calling for intermittent rain/storms for the rest of the morning here. Since I am completely out of common sense, I'm going to load up the dog and go hike a few miles. I'll try to take a few pictures if Bailey and I start looking like drowned rats.

Oh.. tank update. Got quite a bit of coral cut back yesterday. Some may have gone to a certain LFS that hopefully will reopen soon. The rest is in a bucket out back, drying to turn into reactor media. No more coral growing out the top of the tank!!! I'll try to get some new pictures up this weekend of the tank, too.

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... Just wow. This means my tank is consuming 4.2dKH per day. That just doesn't seem possible but I've now confirmed it with 2 different methods of adding Alk and Calc.

I'm so glad I switched to that calcium reactor! @UWC I'm not sure what exactly Chroma does, but in what, 2 months, I've doubled my Alk demand? I'm sold! And only 7ml per day. I can't think of anything else that would have changed other than just more time.

Chroma? What is that, where is that available for purchase?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The virus impact strikes again! I use 12% H202 in my oxydator. Last time I ordered it, I got 128 ounces for $40. Now, the only stuff I can find is $30 for 16 ounces. Absolutely insane.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The virus impact strikes again! I use 12% H202 in my oxydator. Last time I ordered it, I got 128 ounces for $40. Now, the only stuff I can find is $30 for 16 ounces. Absolutely insane.

I looked for 9% yesterday, my pharmacy can't get hold of it.
I pay £1-13 for a small 200 ml bottle when they get it, the exact same product is starting at £3-99 on ebay plus shipping!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back