Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be the Tonga you deserved, but you can build it into the Tonga you need right now.

This looks like it's going to be a gorgeous tank when it all comes together, and I can well imagine your fish enjoying all of those swim-throughs and overhangs to play in!

~Bruce

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be the Tonga you deserved, but you can build it into the Tonga you need right now.

This looks like it's going to be a gorgeous tank when it all comes together, and I can well imagine your fish enjoying all of those swim-throughs and overhangs to play in!

~Bruce
That's an incredibly optimistic viewpoint! I like it!

My thought for my scape was more of a traditional rockscape using my currrent rock on the right a little more than a third of one side. I wanted the big plate on the other side to create an acro/staghorn garden. In between, I wanted a more visually open center area but for it still to have some structure to make fish comfortable hanging out there. That was the reason for the larger tonga branches. I may just wait to create the center how I want it until I can find a place to buy tonga in person.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are a little...

Tonga tied.
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon_zps3779238e.gif

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The challenges continue. The rock structures I put together 2 nights ago still haven't dried. The cold weather must be stopping the super glue from curing. I tried to heat the garage while I was home today but it is unseasonably cold.

The there was my Profilux 4 issue. I spent over 4 hours trying to connect the light fixtures to the P4. Nothing I was trying would work. Turns out you need an expansion card to get them to talk. I don't care about the cost of the card, but why doesn't any of the literature mention it? :confused:

And this is why the wife is at the beach... what a mess!
mess2.JPG

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more positive note, I did get the plumbing finished up tonight. Hope to start draining and catching fish first thing in the morning.
plum.JPG
Looking swell,

Think of it this way,

At least you are not trying to commission some ABB RE relays :O talk about a job security relay, GARBAGE.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.

I find it rather annoying to receive a shiny new toy, widely touted to perform this or that function, only to find out after opening said expensive toy, that you've got to add this bit of hardware or that spot of software or pay to unlock various functions, or that it simply _won't_ work with your existing hardware. Ever. Makes me feel as though I'm being taken for a ride.

Plumbing looks pretty sweet! Good luck with the transfer!

~Bruce

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.

I find it rather annoying to receive a shiny new toy, widely touted to perform this or that function, only to find out after opening said expensive toy, that you've got to add this bit of hardware or that spot of software or pay to unlock various functions, or that it simply _won't_ work with your existing hardware. Ever. Makes me feel as though I'm being taken for a ride.

Plumbing looks pretty sweet! Good luck with the transfer!

~Bruce
It is annoying. I don't even mind the cost. Its more about the 4 hours I won't get back while I am already behind on this build. I could have been doing something much more productive.

Speaking off, I had been cleaning up my man cave where the old tank is getting ready to drain it. I had some time to waste and finished how I will be providing GFCI for my new system.

One more project done.
final.JPG

I did a little write up on it here.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-gfci-installation.342874/

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a long day and so much left to be done. Finally taking a break, but making progress. Should have my help back in an hour or so to get the DT on the stand.
newsump.JPG

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! Is it full yet??? Sorry to hear about the issue with the card! I know exactly how you. Its very annoying!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome!

Nice work. :)
Thanks guys.

Looking great! Is it full yet??? Sorry to hear about the issue with the card! I know exactly how you. Its very annoying!
I got it filled at 2:30am and started it up. Thankfully, not leaks. Waiting for temperature to come up and the water to clear more before I put the fish in. Hopefully only a few hours.
Not only do I have my filter socks in, but I have an old 7" sock that I am running water through using a pump. Its making progress.

newblue.JPG

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am deep down exhausted. All of the fish and inverts are in the new DT. I think everyone made it ok with the exception of one of my 4 peppermint shrimp. He took a dive off of some rock while I was moving it into the tank and I didn't notice. No idea how long he was on the floor for. I put him in the tank and he started looking better before he disappeared.

The only real problem I had was with my floating shelf rock. I moved it into my office and was about to put it in the tank when it broke into 4 pieces. Working on getting them back together now. It will take a few days.

broke.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back