OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some happy looking corals in here Brew!!
Thanks! Hard to do them justice with a FTS but maybe I'll get some new close ups to show the growth soon.

Do you use an auto feeder??
Not normally. I like to watch them feed. With the anthias needing to be fed 4 or 5 times a day, I did use one this time.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't have much time to get coral pics, but a few turned out.
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Any changes since cutting back the fuge time?
My nitrates did pop up a bit, but then I started increasing my feedings because of adding the anthias so now at 10hr per day and holding around 5ppm. My PO4 had gotten to 0.14 so running a little GFO

so pretty!
Thanks!

Is this last one an Upscale Microlades or maybe a Battle Juice? If you know.
I'll have to dig back in my thread and check... I can't recall off the top of my head.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates did pop up a bit, but then I started increasing my feedings because of adding the anthias so now at 10hr per day and holding around 5ppm. My PO4 had gotten to 0.14 so running a little GFO

Thanks!

I'll have to dig back in my thread and check... I can't recall off the top of my head.
I’m a guess Reef ready grape juice

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I'm going on vacation in May :) super nervous to leave the tank alone. Do you take any extra steps when you leave?
We were gone for 5 days and I did have someone feed the fish while I was gone. He watched our dogs for us so he was here every morning an evening for them, so it was easy for them to feed the tank. Otherwise, he didn't touch the system. I do have an auto feeder that runs 2 times a day, also. If he wouldn't have been available and I needed to board the dogs, I would have kicked that up to 4 feedings a day.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were gone for 5 days and I did have someone feed the fish while I was gone. He watched our dogs for us so he was here every morning an evening for them, so it was easy for them to feed the tank. Otherwise, he didn't touch the system. I do have an auto feeder that runs 2 times a day, also. If he wouldn't have been available and I needed to board the dogs, I would have kicked that up to 4 feedings a day.
What auto feeder do you use?? I've heard good and bad about certain ones. Specifically bad about the Apex feeder.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What auto feeder do you use?? I've heard good and bad about certain ones. Specifically bad about the Apex feeder.
I use an Eheim. Nothing fancy, but it just works. I have mine in my sump and it drops the food into the return section.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm.. interesting. Any reason in particular? I never would have thought of that.
The return jets push it down below the water level so it doesn't get skimmed out. My fish also like chasing their food so I don't want it dumping into a ring.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return jets push it down below the water level so it doesn't get skimmed out. My fish also like chasing their food so I don't want it dumping into a ring.
That sounds like a good idea. What brand of pellets do you feed? And I assume you don't see any adverse effects to your pump passing that solid of a particle through it?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good idea. What brand of pellets do you feed? And I assume you don't see any adverse effects to your pump passing that solid of a particle through it?
I use a mix I get from Blue Zoo Aquatics along with a fairly cheap flake from Petco. I figure they get most of their nutrition from the PE Mysis and LRS Fish Frenzy I feed mornings and evenings. The 2 dry food feedings are just filler to help the anthias.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a mix I get from Blue Zoo Aquatics along with a fairly cheap flake from Petco. I figure they get most of their nutrition from the PE Mysis and LRS Fish Frenzy I feed mornings and evenings. The 2 dry food feedings are just filler to help the anthias.
Yeah I figured it was for them but it has to help on vacation too :). I feed reef frenzy over fish frenzy.. idk why? I guess kill two birds with one stone I guess? And then new life spectrum Marine formula pellets. I alternate days and feed reef chili every other day. Idk if I trust my parents to feed right while I'm gone :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back