Bright yellow zoa recommendations?

Kellen713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you want are bioshocks or pikachus. If you get a good strain of scrambled eggs they can be bright, depends on who you buy from.

JonJonJonJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these as unnamed at my LFS, but I believe they are chiquitas. They are the brightest yellow I've seen in any zoa.
20200620_175604.jpg

OP
OP
Broutilde

Broutilde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went with I could find locally with a decent price. Got LA Lakers and Bebb and the LA Lakers are a perfect fit when it comes to colors on my tiny zoa island. I also ended up buying some Miami vice even though they're not yellow and I don't have space for them :/

Zydan777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
So I started to gather zoa frags for a small island in my tank. I'm not Picasso but I feel like I need some yellow in there. All the zoas I have have vibrant colors, so I was wondering what kind of yellow zoa that pops would you recommend? I saw pictures of scrambled eggs, king midas etc...but I feel like those pics are often Photoshopped and if I bought them, I would be in for disappointement. I'm also located in Canada, which makes it harder to get nice stuff.
Last question: many of my reefing buddies told me that "yellow zoas tend to melt". Anyone here would care to explain?
Thank you
E.
I just got some Spongebob and they are bright yellow

ewanho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super saiyans
King midas
Blue hornets
La lakers

but check out something called cornflower blue or like that; Baby blue large centre with Yellow skirt. It will hypnotize you if u stare at it long enough

ewanho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super saiyans
King midas
Blue hornets
La lakers

but check out something called cornflower blue or like that; Baby blue large centre with Yellow skirt. It will hypnotize you if u stare at it long enough
Sorry, called blueberry zoa

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it good idea to put them on the bottom or in the middle or on top. I have some of mine mid rock. I’d like to put someon the sand though
Most zoas can adapt to low medium and fairly high. Shade obviously won't work very well.

Nice thing about zoas, it is pretty obvious pretty quick if they are unhappy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back