Brightwell Aquatics Extrax Phos

  • Thread starter Thread starter btkrausen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
103
Location
Bardstown, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anybody had any experience with using this. I ordered a small bottle to try in my reactor to see if it'll do any better the GFO.

Thanks.
 
I'm pretty sure that the brightwell aquatics liquid phosphate remover is Lanthanum chloride based. Just like the Seaklear pool phosphate remover some reefers use. From what i have read so far. It works very well but you have to be carefull not to over dose or you'll get some precipitates in your tank and it might be harmfull to your fish. Also, most use it with some kind of filter to take out the precipitate. A good way to dose it is to dose in the overflow and put a filter sock on return pipe to your sump. The filter sock should be of no more than 10 microns to catch the fine particules. Some use a Diatom filter too. And some add the dosage to the skimmer. Went you start dosing, start slow and adjust your dosage slowly.
I should be trying this with the seaklear Aquaria phosphate remover in a few weeks.

I will try it because i've got lots of phosphates leaching from my live rocks. When my phosphates are low enough, i'll switch back to gfo.
Keep us posted on how you do with it.
 
The one I'm talking about here is the white pellet kind that you'd run in a reactor like GFO. I've heard it might put some aluminum in your tank, but only some tanks will have a problem with it.
 
I'm also interested in anyone's opinion of Extrax Phos (the white granules/pellets).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new