Brightwell Coral Amino Test

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to agree with your post. I have not colored up yet, but I have some good new growth and general health is better. I backed my dose down to 20 drops per 100 gal.
image.jpg

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you guys able to hook this product up to a doser when youre supposed to shake the bottle well before dosing? its the first thing they mention on the instructions so I would assume that its important. Do you have it hooked up to a stirrer of some kind?

If not and your pulling the solution from the bottom of the bottle when you dose, you might be dumping a more concentrated dose into the tank than intended. This could explain why algae blooms are being mentioned

*HOVA*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you guys able to hook this product up to a doser when youre supposed to shake the bottle well before dosing? its the first thing they mention on the instructions so I would assume that its important. Do you have it hooked up to a stirrer of some kind?

If not and your pulling the solution from the bottom of the bottle when you dose, you might be dumping a more concentrated dose into the tank than intended. This could explain why algae blooms are being mentioned

I've been wondering this same thing without any answers myself...

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking back on the pictures from October to now and was shocked at some of the growth.

The green slimer is to be expected but still dramatic in just over a month.

The growth is the Walt Disney is amazing. It has doubled in size.

To me it really shows with the basics of flow, chemistry and lighting right aminos can really have a significant void in nutrition.

E5076436-2CFE-4BAC-AB78-BCC100D932F3.jpeg 255AF2E9-8FBC-49E9-AE53-5BC52890AB26.jpeg 2B2381FC-B527-4B9A-85B8-B65F1DD80F09.jpeg 55740CC3-7888-4C2F-90B2-313908B2E5FD.jpeg 9270718A-8B66-4FA9-829B-760165733F7F.jpeg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
S/P thanks for your detailed review. I've been using CoralAminos since June '19 (after talking to folks at WWC) but instead of daily dosing I've been adding 10ml weekly to my 10gal ATO reservoirs. It wasn't until about August before I started noticing more than previous coral growth. My frogspawn & hammers were the most obvious but I'm seeing better color in Montis and GSP and zoas are going bonkers.

IMG_7040.JPG IMG_7042.JPG IMG_7013.JPG IMG_6983.JPG

Ahbaloch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read in couple places, that coral do eat during the day, but they eat more during night. Here is why,

during the day they absorb carbon and other things through light.They also consume other stuff.

but during night time, there are more stuff in the water column, more polyps out, corals are more active during night which lead them to consume more during night, there was a great video by owner of ME coral, i can see if i can find it later.

I haven’t found any studies that show when nutrient uptake occurs. I watched all of
Dana Riddles presentations to see if I could find anything.

I’m still feeding during lights on for me but not at peak intensity. The idea being corals can actively feed and some remains in water column at lights out.

I’d be curious to see if anyone could show anything definitive around feeding times. Antidotally I know LPS exhibit a pronounced feeding response about an hour after lights out. I would assume SPS are similar as I see significant polyp extension at night from my SPS.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of coral amino and my alk consumption took a small hit. I was out for two days. I’m still dosing 25 drops per day in my 100 gal. My corals are doing pretty good.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DO YOU STIR THE SOLUTION WHEN YOU AUTOMATICALLY DOSE? IF SO HOW????
To answer your question and in case others were wondering the same thing, from Brightwell's site:

Using a Doser: Coral Amino works well in most dosers. Even though we recommend shaking the bottle before use, this product stays dissolved quite well and it usually isn't necessary to stir during automatic dosing. The biggest pitfall of using an automatic doser is keeping the product fresh. Because it is basically a protein, it can rot if the preservatives are diluted, so it is best to use in a doser at full strength. If you dilute it, the preservatives will be diluted and may not keep the product fresh. If you dilute it, pay special attention to foul odors. If they occur, then rotting is occuring and you must discontinue dilution. Also, the holding vessel and tubing should be washed and rinsed well once a week or so to prevent bacteria build up. Hydrogen Peroxide (3% from a drug store) will work well as a cleaning fluid. Soak the vessel with full strength hydrogen peroxide and fill the lines with it occasionally to kill any bacteria and clean the system. You can also run it through the pump. If a little H2O2 gets into your aquarium, it won't hurt anything.

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve your tank is looking good.

I have started to see a couple corals perk up a bit. A few are starting some new growth. I think the next month will be a turning point. I have also been dosing 30 drops per 120 gallons. I’m going to keep dosing.
Hi..just saw ur post regarding using Amino... just wanted to know how often u use the Brightwell Amino.? How long did it take to see the results? Ive been using Reef EnergyA and B for a month but not seeing good results..and thinking to try Brightwell Amino. I also have 120 gallon. Mostly LPS... what’s urs?

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Robin. I noticed slightly better polyp extension upon first use. I dose ten minutes before lights out. My tank is sps dominant. The differences are subtle. If I go out of town and stop dosing amino I have to lower my alk dose for a couple of days. So I would say for me it works. My tank is also po4 and No3 limited and I struggle to get them to detectable levels. I literally feed four to five times per day and feel I am dumping in to much food. I also do not shut down my skimmer and I broadcast dose.

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently dosing Reef Energy AB+. Thinking about switching to BW CoralAmino. Any idea on how they compare? I like that CoralAmino is more concentrated and also sort of transparent I think…

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back