Brightwell neophos changed concentration!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ling_Thing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just wasted half an hour trying to make sense of NeoPhos dosing until I found this thread.

Website: 1 ml in 1 gallon = 1.2 ppm
Bottle formula listed: 1 gallon x 1.2 ppm x 3.785 = 4.542 ml and....
Bottle: 1 ml in 1 gallon = .25 ppm

1 ml vs 4.542 ml is a big difference, but ironically the bottle says it's a stronger formula. From a customer's point of view I just lost a lot of confidence in Brightwell products. This gives the impression there is lack of attention to detail at the company.

I lost that confidence years ago. They have many chemistry issues.
 
you guys think their instructions are bad, check out the neonitro instructions. on the neophos it says 1 capful is 5ml. on neonitro it says 1 capful is 10ml. its the SAME cap!
 
how long does it take for neophos to start taking effect? I've got about 115 gal of system water volumn and been dosing 15 ml of neophos for 3 weeks. phosphates still read 0
 
how long does it take for neophos to start taking effect? I've got about 115 gal of system water volumn and been dosing 15 ml of neophos for 3 weeks. phosphates still read 0

1 second.

It took effect and was consumed or bound up.

Dose more (assuming you trust your kit).
 
so i doubled the amount and tested 1 hr after dosing. i got a reading of .02ppm. 20 hrs after i dosed i retested and i'm back to 0. do i just keep upping the dosage?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new