Brightwell restor on a doser?

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone dosed restor on a doser? It doesn't need to be refrigerated so I want to try it. Just to help supplement regular feeding and help when I have to travel. What do you all think?

restor~2.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few comments:

1. Brightwell claims the need to shake before dosing. If it is clear, that's not correct, but if solids settle out, it's a concern you'd need to address.

2. They recommend skimmer off to prevent it from being skimmed out and/or foaming in skimmer.

3. they recommend dosing ever 2-3 days. Isn't a doser overkill?

4. If you dilute it or contaminate it, bacteria can grow in it.

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to give an update on this thread. I went ahead and started dosing this after the mini crash I had. THANKFULLY I only lost a couple heads on my hammers, and most of my 2" Ø Ricordia died off ( saved a portion of it thou) and there were no fatalities. Anyway I am dosing 5 mL every 2 days for now, and I will say, it lives up to it's name. everyone has come back better than ever and growth has restarted on corals that partially died off. Even my bubble tree is bigger than I've seen it in a while. I do have to give the bottle a shake every day but I do that when I go and give the tank a once over. not too hard. I will say that dosing it did work well and helped my tank recover. I will keep dosing for now. I will update again in about a month. Pictures to come when I get home today.

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing the devils advocate, how do you believe the tank would be different if you hadn’t used it?
I do think it would have been different, not as healthy. I remember what it looked like before the mini crash, not everyone was as big and my growth had stopped. Now I have visable growth and size.

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh forgot about this thread. Thank you for the reminder @MorReefs
I can say that using Restore on a doser has worked well. I have seen notable growth and fullness in all my corals.
I will continue to dose Restor and keep you updated, as long as I remember :grinning-face-with-sweat:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back