Bringing Work Home with Me

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome! You’ll find the people here to be friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

51AF556F-3A56-4B78-A9FD-CE0467B3DD04.jpeg

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello community. I'm brand new to saltwater aquariums and looking forward to the challenge. I'm a dive instructor and command a public safety dive team so I'm looking forward building a habitat I can look at from the outside in and control (to an extent) what's happening. I look forward to a steep learning curve and lots of thread research.

Welcome from a fellow new member of R2R. I went about it the opposite of you having had a fish tank before learning to dive. Having a tank allowed me to appreciate diving calmly and patiently hanging above rock and coral until stuff starts coming out that you initially scared off. Having an aquarium I realized there were tons of critters you only see if staying still. When I got done with a dive (my favorite was Palau) I almost always had twice the animals I saw to talk about to divers that saw almost nothing. Plus, my air lasted way longer - bonus!
Have fun with your new hobby.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back