Bristleworm??

colenaylor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
16
Location
34209
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if this is a bristle worm.. I know I have some in here but this this is super fast and doesn’t seem like it is one, and if it is not a good one. Also, ignore the golden girls commentary in the background
 
Last edited:
hi,sorry video not working for me. :)
 
I’d luv to help but can’t see any images
Similar are dorvillidae and Syllids/Myrianida worm which are often confused with bristle
 
I’d luv to help but can’t see any images
Similar are dorvillidae and Syllids/Myrianida worm which are often confused with bristle
Are you not able to see the video? I don’t think so, this thing has legs that aren’t visible and then the “legs” are the spines on the side
 
Are you not able to see the video? I don’t think so, this thing has legs that aren’t visible and then the “legs” are the spines on the side
1614364245979.png


Hallucigenia?
Just messin with you, this is a syllid worm, when was the last addition to the tank? most are fine to have around
 
1614364245979.png


Hallucigenia?
Just messin with you, this is a syllid worm, when was the last addition to the tank? most are fine to have around
Yep I think you’re right! A coral from a few weeks ago, but as long as it’s okay then I don’t care
 
Yep I think you’re right! A coral from a few weeks ago, but as long as it’s okay then I don’t care
coral killers usually do bad things pretty quick, a couple eat the standard aquarium polychaetes keeping the numbers in check a little bit, some munch on amphipods occasionally, but most that make it in the tank end up being scavengers
 
Looks very similar to a phantom sea slug
 
coral killers usually do bad things pretty quick, a couple eat the standard aquarium polychaetes keeping the numbers in check a little bit, some munch on amphipods occasionally, but most that make it in the tank end up being scavengers
Would a coral banded shrimp take care of it?
 
Would a coral banded shrimp take care of it?
I wouldn't think theres anything to take care of lol. he's been there for weeks not bothering the corals, maybe he has been there since the beginning and you never seen him.
 
I wouldn't think theres anything to take care of lol. he's been there for weeks not bothering the corals, maybe he has been there since the beginning and you never seen him.
Okay cool! Thanks for the help
 
Okay cool! Thanks for the help
yeah even me, as someone quite perceptive of any small animals in the tank had just yesterday spotted a Terebellid worm with inch long bright orange tentacles. The implication is, this animal has remained below my sights for a full year.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new