Brittle under frag

j.wilhelm.jr87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been eyeing this mushroom, only because of the tag along brittle that has been under it in the LFS for a few weeks. Can't seem to convince it to come out. Could it be stuck? Is it ok?
1000008609.jpg

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s feeding it should be fine, when they wave their arms out like that they’re feeding. Due to their ability to rip themselves apart when necessary, I can’t personally see them getting stuck anywhere.
When disturbed they try to hide and will cling to whatever they’re hiding in.

I wouldn’t be worried, may be able to entice it with a chunk of food held away from the plug, let it touch it with the arms and don’t let go, sometimes they climb out on top of the food to eat it and thus can be moved.

OP
OP
J

j.wilhelm.jr87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s feeding it should be fine, when they wave their arms out like that they’re feeding. Due to their ability to rip themselves apart when necessary, I can’t personally see them getting stuck anywhere.
When disturbed they try to hide and will cling to whatever they’re hiding in.

I wouldn’t be worried, may be able to entice it with a chunk of food held away from the plug, let it touch it with the arms and don’t let go, sometimes they climb out on top of the food to eat it and thus can be moved.
He looked like it was going to come out for some reef frenzy, but it like moved it down its leg until it dropped it. His legs were really fat(compared to the picture) when the food was there, but it never showed it's body. I could pop the frag apart, but its leg is sticking through a hole in the glued on rock, and I don't want to rip it off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back