Broken frag will it survive

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimc40
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jimc40

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2020
Messages
184
Reaction score
177
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am trying to trap my blue tang. I had him all the way in fish trap and he somehow thrashed his way out. On the way out he broke off my tsa bioshock frag. I glued the top right away to a frag plug it’s polyps are out already and the base still has some polyps. Do you think the two pices will survive? Has anyone had similar situation with broken encrusted frag?

97164A2C-7C42-4344-9136-644D7553DD8D.jpeg 67DF0A4C-46B5-4F63-BF33-92CC14A32E69.jpeg
 
Happens all the time. Both survive usually.
 
Unless you want two separate pieces, it would of been best to just glue it back to the base. They can fuse back in a week or two
 
"Unless you want two separate pieces, it would of been best to just glue it back to the base. They can fuse back in a week or two"

I've done this in the past and after a while couldn't tell where the original break had happened.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new