Broken tank bottom….

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are extremely expensive where I live lol. I live in a pretty underdeveloped part of the U.S. so everything automatically comes with a higher price tag. I spent about $350 to fix this one. The only LFS around that sells tanks is a considerable drive and they want $1,200 for a bare 100 gallon. I pretty much have to order all of my reefing supplies on the internet and have it delivered to me. As far as the rim goes…I know a guy. He only charged me for material and he has done multiple rims for aquariums larger than this. I checked it this morning before heading out for work and it’s still holding so fingers crossed. I’m pretty confident it will hold up for years but I’m still letting it sit for a while. Thanks for the pun though lol
Geez, I only paid $300 for my used 125g and I probably could’ve found one for cheaper.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah going with a new tank would be the move.

It's so much water and think of the $$$ damage it would cause if it broke.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact some local glss companies and get some quotes for a new bottom. You can replace that yourself easily enough. Or you could look for a local aquarium builder.

OP
OP
B

Bolen2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact some local glss companies and get some quotes for a new bottom. You can replace that yourself easily enough. Or you could look for a local aquarium builder.
I’ve already rebuilt the tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back