Broken tank bottom….

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bolen2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Tanks are extremely expensive where I live lol. I live in a pretty underdeveloped part of the U.S. so everything automatically comes with a higher price tag. I spent about $350 to fix this one. The only LFS around that sells tanks is a considerable drive and they want $1,200 for a bare 100 gallon. I pretty much have to order all of my reefing supplies on the internet and have it delivered to me. As far as the rim goes…I know a guy. He only charged me for material and he has done multiple rims for aquariums larger than this. I checked it this morning before heading out for work and it’s still holding so fingers crossed. I’m pretty confident it will hold up for years but I’m still letting it sit for a while. Thanks for the pun though lol
Geez, I only paid $300 for my used 125g and I probably could’ve found one for cheaper.
 
I would contact some local glss companies and get some quotes for a new bottom. You can replace that yourself easily enough. Or you could look for a local aquarium builder.
 
I would contact some local glss companies and get some quotes for a new bottom. You can replace that yourself easily enough. Or you could look for a local aquarium builder.
I’ve already rebuilt the tank
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new