BrokenReefer’s 150G build thread

20260705_170543_7D97138D-0811-44BB-826F-53B2FA01F58C.png


20260705_170543_8B68AFA5-2981-40AA-8553-F7F5F82FB4C9.png


This is my work room/carpentry room/furnace room/storage. Is there any reason why I would NOT want to put a fish room/work station table with sump under it below the HVAC ducting?

Aside from the obvious rusting issue - I’ll also end up building a wall to segregate the furnace from the rest of the room so I’m not sucking in all that salty air.
 
I would think saw dust could be an issue for an aquarium if you do wood cutting in there.
 
I would think saw dust could be an issue for an aquarium if you do wood cutting in there.
Yep, that’s been working in my head as well. No was going to build a curtain wall, if you will, so that I can cover any exposed equipment.

I just dislike working under a cramped cabinet these days. :)


20260705_171348_DBDE09A9-E9C8-4EC2-AE35-851805F00E7E.png


That is the EXTREME example I had “help” with. I wouldn’t leave the workbench and tool chest where AI put them and the sump/equipment would be on the wall with the sink.
 
Yep, that’s been working in my head as well. No was going to build a curtain wall, if you will, so that I can cover any exposed equipment.

I just dislike working under a cramped cabinet these days. :)


20260705_171348_DBDE09A9-E9C8-4EC2-AE35-851805F00E7E.png


That is the EXTREME example I had “help” with. I wouldn’t leave the workbench and tool chest where AI put them and the sump/equipment would be on the wall with the sink.
The dust was my biggest concern but you have a fix for that. Do you use any chemicals that have a strong odor or that you spray?
 
Yep, that’s been working in my head as well. No was going to build a curtain wall, if you will, so that I can cover any exposed equipment.

I just dislike working under a cramped cabinet these days. :)


20260705_171348_DBDE09A9-E9C8-4EC2-AE35-851805F00E7E.png


That is the EXTREME example I had “help” with. I wouldn’t leave the workbench and tool chest where AI put them and the sump/equipment would be on the wall with the sink.
The dust was my biggest concern but you have a fix for that. Do you use any chemicals that have a strong odor or that you spray?
Nope, learned the hard way - staining or applying any paint/finish in that room makes the whole house smell because we pull “fresh” air from the room instead of outside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new