Bronc's 75g Reef

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm hoping that it won't, since I've added so much bacteria and Vibrant. If it does, then my clean up crew will earn their keep. :)
Fantastic! I wish I had known about Vibrant 2 months ago. It is doing wonders for my tank but still has a ways to go.

OP
OP
Bronc

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My protein skimmer has finally calmed down so the micro bubbles have stopped. Just finished cleaning the 20 lbs of sand from the 25g tank and adding it to the 75g, so that stirred things up again. Got the frags I want to keep mounted and next step is permanently mounting my RO/DI system in the garage. I was going to put it in our pantry, but was scared with it being over our newly refinished wood floors. I think the garage will work out better. Also getting the 25g tank and it's protein skimmer cleaned up and ready to sell. Vinegar does such an amazing job!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My protein skimmer has finally calmed down so the micro bubbles have stopped. Just finished cleaning the 20 lbs of sand from the 25g tank and adding it to the 75g, so that stirred things up again. Got the frags I want to keep mounted and next step is permanently mounting my RO/DI system in the garage. I was going to put it in our pantry, but was scared with it being over our newly refinished wood floors. I think the garage will work out better. Also getting the 25g tank and it's protein skimmer cleaned up and ready to sell. Vinegar does such an amazing job!
Smart move! I'm thinking about moving my RODI unit into the garage myself. Tired of cleaning up overflows in my laundry room :confused:

Vinegar is one of my best reefing friends! I have gone through gallons of it setting up my tank!

OP
OP
Bronc

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3626.JPG IMG_3627.JPG IMG_3625.JPG

I FINALLY got my RO/DI system permanently mounted in the garage. I put a heater out there to keep everything from freezing and also put a heater in the RO/DI container. I would have preferred to put it in the house, but there just wasn't a good place for it with the new wood floors.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I FINALLY got my RO/DI system permanently mounted in the garage. I put a heater out there to keep everything from freezing and also put a heater in the RO/DI container. I would have preferred to put it in the house, but there just wasn't a good place for it with the new wood floors.

Great idea! I never thought of doing that. Wonder how hard it would be for me to plumb it into my garage that way. Just wish those connections were on the shared wall with the garage.

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3644.JPG
In the moonlights I can see 3 different areas of Meteor Showers.

Very nice set up Bronc! Definitely tagging along for the ride.

Your move from the 25g looked pretty seamless, nice work!

Love the RO/DI station in the garage. I have mine set up in a carpeted closet and it is definitely no bueno when I screw up and am filling a bucket, then get sidetracked and siphon out gallons onto the floor. Ugh. Wish I had a dedicated area in the garage for it, but there's no water spigot out there.

That meteor shower cyphastrea is cool in isolation, but I have found it will take over frag racks and rocks if you don't keep an eye on it. Just a FYI ;) Wish my LR came with cool "freebies"!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronc

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up Bronc! Definitely tagging along for the ride.

Your move from the 25g looked pretty seamless, nice work!

Love the RO/DI station in the garage. I have mine set up in a carpeted closet and it is definitely no bueno when I screw up and am filling a bucket, then get sidetracked and siphon out gallons onto the floor. Ugh. Wish I had a dedicated area in the garage for it, but there's no water spigot out there.

That meteor shower stuff cyphastrea is cool in isolation, but I have found it will take over frag racks and rocks if you don't keep an eye on it. Just a FYI ;) Wish my LR came with cool "freebies"!
Thanks! I was able punch a hole thru the wall into the laundry room to get water into the garage. And yeah, I probably should put a rubber mat down to catch all of the water I slop everywhere! ;)

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I was able punch a hole thru the wall into the laundry room to get water into the garage. And yeah, I probably should put a rubber mat down to catch all of the water I slop everywhere! ;)

That's exactly what I did with my "water closet", it's adjacent to the laundry room. Couple "practice" holes and I found the laundry room. Haha....

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's exactly what I did with my "water closet", it's adjacent to the laundry room. Couple "practice" holes and I found the laundry room. Haha....
If I survived the first 6 hrs of her finding out I did something like this there is a chance my wife may forgive me later! :p

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I survived the first 6 hrs of her finding out I did something like this there is a chance my wife may forgive me later! :p

Heh, I don't think she knows yet. There were a ton of decorative pillows in the closet and I just tossed them all on the shelf where I butchered the wall. I'm sure there is a "sit down" conversation coming in the mail at some point.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back