Broodstock rack

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently working on setting up a broodstock rack for my clown pairs and I need some advice.

I can’t decide between running 10 or 20 gallon tanks. Ive seen some breeders use tanks as small as 5 gallons with decent success.
My original plan was to have x5 10 gallon tanks on the top row and x4 20 gallon tanks on the bottom.

All of these tanks will be sharing a sump and an external 20g fuge. As far as filtration goes I plan to have 4 gals of marinepure, 40 watt UV, a skimmer, and the fuge. I have a kessil H380 that I will be using.
I think this should be able to handle all 9 pairs but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a nice setup. Just make sure to have a good amount of bio media and also a large protein skimmer. Also you should do a build thread sounds like a cool project.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you should do a build thread, I'd love to follow along it sounds like a good project. I think 10's on top and 20's on bottom is good, your filtration sounds good as well.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
Ill definitely start a build thread. Hoping to get started next week.
Im going to add as much marinepure and LR as I can fit in the sump. The skimmer is a little undersized so I may need to upgrade.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back