Brooklynella treatment (no qt)

Dawson_hatton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no ability to set up a qt, but a new clownfish I got has brook (shedding slime coat, cloudy eyes etc). while my original clownfish and chromis are fine for now, I will be returning the new clownfish tomorrow and exchanging it for another clown, and hopefully some treatment method as well, however considering I have no qt I honestly am at a loss, I really don’t know what to do. I’ve been feeding the fish garlic enhanced food and shrimp, and a lot of it to keep them hardy, but the new clown won’t eat at all. I literally have no way of setting up a qt and and I really don’t know what to do and honestly i’m freaking out a bit since I’ve invested a lot of money into these fish and the tank itself. if anyone knows of anything I could dose the tank itself with or anything I could do baths with then let me know, I need suggestions. I’m not a newbie, however I’ve just never had an issue like this...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t get a new clown as you would just be infecting that one too.

Ruby reef rally claims to be reef safe so you could try that one at your own risk.

OP
OP
D

Dawson_hatton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i’m not exactly sure how brooks cycle work as I’ve heard mixed things on it, but if I move the fish hosting it out of the tank since it’s only been in the tank for a couple days and since none of the other fish have it so far I was thinking maybe I could eliminate the chances of there being an actual outbreak and then I could treat with something just to make sure. do you (or anyone) have any experience with paragard? I know it’s a substitute for formalin...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back