0   0   0
@Humblefish hey can you check my thread? Its under my page as “help please”

I tagged you maybe you missed it

Fowler freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to see about getting acriflavine for the store. We could use it.
Hello and thank you for all of your input here I really appreciate it/you! I just wanted to know if you can use Rally, Ich X, and feed metroplex all at the same time? Is that too much or is that attacking brook from all angles and still safe for my fish?

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish Brook isn't something I have given too much thought before, until a friend had an outbreak in his tank recently, and lost quite a few of his prized fish. I put all newcomers through tank transfer for 12 days, doing daily transfers and medicating prophylactically during TTM.

On day 1 I don't medicate to give the fish time to settle in, then if the fish is eating I medicate from day 2 to 4 with Prazi, days 5 to 9 Seachem Paraguard and days 10 to 12 Prazi again.

I have been told before that Paraguard is an effective treatment for Brook, but don't see any mention of it in this thread. Any truth to that?

If not effective as a preventative measure, what else could safely be used during tank transfer and how would you incorporate it into the above schedule? 90% of my fishes going through treatment are wrasses. I'm unable to find any of the products mentioned in the thread containing acriflavine, but there is a local product available for koi, which unfortunately don't specify the concentration.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been told before that Paraguard is an effective treatment for Brook, but don't see any mention of it in this thread. Any truth to that?

If not effective as a preventative measure, what else could safely be used during tank transfer and how would you incorporate it into the above schedule? 90% of my fishes going through treatment are wrasses. I'm unable to find any of the products mentioned in the thread containing acriflavine, but there is a local product available for koi, which unfortunately don't specify the concentration.

To be honest, I do not know what Paraguard is/is not useful for because Seachem is very cryptic about it's ingredients.

I personally use metronidazole as a prophylaxis to guard against brook: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metronidazole.298762/

Supposedly one dose is all that is needed, but I add a second dose 48 hrs later for good measure. ;) Haven't seen brook yet in any of my QTs following this regimen.

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SrBlonde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that the best way is for th tank to go fallow. If that is not an option has anyone done a whole tank treatment?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SrBlonde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know what exactly brooklynella is? As in is it a parasite, virus, bacterial infection or something else?

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this one.
[emoji6]

Parasite
f914aaeb366907bee9490abfe05f07ee.jpg

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this one.
[emoji6]

Parasite
f914aaeb366907bee9490abfe05f07ee.jpg

Lol, thanks. Idk why that didn't occur to me to Google it. Might help to add it to the OP. Just a thought.

So to rid equipment of its contamination, just bleach and air dry will do?

Also, I assume in a fishless situation, the parasite will not continue the lifecycle? Any idea on how many days fallow it takes?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

Back