Brown algae??? HELP!!!!

jaguars4263

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
387
Reaction score
93
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this brown algae? And what is the best way to get rid of it? I do 15 gallon water changes every week,my tank is 75 gallons. My flow is MP10 and Hydor EVO 1400gph also an Aqueon 1200 gph in the back of the aquarium down by the sand bed. I have Rowa phos and BRS rox8 carbon in a reactor. I feed my fish once a day,any help will work. thank you.

photobucket-5338-1355864153000_zps6a608b65[1].jpg
 
Last edited:
1. are you confident that your water change water is phosphate free?

2. what are your tank phosphates at?
 
Are you using RO/DI water?
 
Looks like bryopsis. Pulling out what you can/scrubbing your rocks that you can take out. Make sure your RO water doesn't contain phosphates. Change the media in your reactor if you think it might be exhausted. I wouldn't do more than the 15g but I've done 20g changes on my 75 before so you could do it but just check the water you're using and the food you feed for possible contaiminates.
 
Id make sure your R/O reads 0 tds and maybe cut back on how much you feed for a little while.
 
I have a BRS 5 stage RODI unit. I checked with the TDS meter and it is reading 1. Do you really think that is the problem??? Thanks again
 
Get a seahare or 2 if its hair algae(not sure) and also hand pull with pumps off. Run just gfo in reactor....and what is the light cycle?
 
I cant pull it its like slime but not green hair algae.Im about to buy more GFO.MY lights are 7am 2 ATI blue plus come on at 11:00 2 more blue plus a purple plus and coral plus come on. At about 4pm those same lights go off.Then at about 10pm all lights go off.
Get a seahare or 2 if is hair algae(not sure) and also hand pull with pumps off. Run just gfo in reactor....and what is the light cycle?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new