Brown flukes? Black ich?

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have given my hippo tang a few freshwater baths in the last 2 wks. White flukes don’t come off - maybe some look white but then it’s all brown stuff. He pooped in the water ‍‍- so large chunks are poop.
Thoughts? My next step is the quarantine - I’ve done PraziPro in the tank already.
Copper power next? More Prazi in QT?
Same thing happens with my long nose butterfly - maybe a tad more white comes off tho.

See video

 
I have given my hippo tang a few freshwater baths in the last 2 wks. White flukes don’t come off - maybe some look white but then it’s all brown stuff. He pooped in the water ‍‍- so large chunks are poop.
Thoughts? My next step is the quarantine - I’ve done PraziPro in the tank already.
Copper power next? More Prazi in QT?
Same thing happens with my long nose butterfly - maybe a tad more white comes off tho.

See video


Unfortunately camera is moving around too much to tell mut some of them appear to be ostracods which are grass shrimp. You can give the fish a 5 minute freshwater dip in tap water same temperature as display tank which will allow flukes if any to dislodge and you should be able to see them on bottom of dip container which look like fish scales
 
I have given my hippo tang a few freshwater baths in the last 2 wks. White flukes don’t come off - maybe some look white but then it’s all brown stuff. He pooped in the water ‍‍- so large chunks are poop.
Thoughts? My next step is the quarantine - I’ve done PraziPro in the tank already.
Copper power next? More Prazi in QT?
Same thing happens with my long nose butterfly - maybe a tad more white comes off tho.

See video


I can’t see anything really in the video.
Do the fish themselves show any symptoms? If so, perhaps post a video of them.
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new