brownish red algae all over tank

Ghostlygoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
831 Runningbrook Rd Jenkintown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a little bit ive had this brownish red algae that has just covered my tank and some corals. Im very unhappy with the way my tank is right now and im unsure of what to do. I feel like ive tried everything so far for nothing to work. Below are pictures in normal light and white light. Ive cut down my light time aswell.
IMG_2746.jpeg
IMG_2745.jpeg
 
Do you have any powerheads in the tank? It looks stagnant, needs some water movement in there.
I don't see many snails or crabs? Need more clean up crew.
More water changes, scrub the rocks with a toothbrush.
Control the feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new