BRS 160 6 line wrasse

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Well known jerk of a fish. My LFS has several of them in their frag tanks along with some Blue Damsels and that seems to work well, but beyond that they are community terrors.

OP
OP
A

Alberta79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Well known jerk of a fish. My LFS has several of them in their frag tanks along with some Blue Damsels and that seems to work well, but beyond that they are community terrors.

Just found it a bit odd as in one of there recent videos about fish with jobs I believe they mentioned they like having the 6 line in there tanks.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found it a bit odd as in one of there recent videos about fish with jobs I believe they mentioned they like having the 6 line in there tanks.

In a tank where they probably want to showcase rarer fish, having a sixline in the tank pretty much negates the ability to keep any other wrasse in the tank at all. They are amazing at pest control of nudibranch and flatworm, I don't think I could name a better one to be honest. But, they are one of the meaner fish I've experienced.

I had a full grown adult in my 180 Gallon that would go fin to fin with a Powder Blue that otherwise ran the tank. He didn't mess with anyone else really, but I didn't have anything else remotely his shape.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also missed why they were trying to get rid of it, but i do recall one of their Q&As awhile back saying the sixline killed both of their twin spot gobies, so i'm guessing it's an aggression issue

U

User1

View Badges
BRS and WWC if I recall have that fish on their list due to its working habit and what it eats. BRS is following the WWC path so that is why the recent fish they introduced all had a purpose be it controlling algae or pests. There are hobbyist that do similar but pick a different wrasse types.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

6 lines are very useful in frag tanks where they are either the only fish or maybe sharing it with some damsels. They are great pest removers to keep corals healthy. They are just terrible community tank mates. If I had a small frag tank I would probably have a 6 line in there for that very reason, but it would probably be my only fish.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back