BRS 4 Stage RO DI

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I need some help here.
It's been about a month since I changed all my filters on my BRS 4 stage RO DI unit. As you can see my DI is half way used up but I've only made about 26 gallons.
I've flushed the membrane (I changed it) 3 times by now , about 50 gallons flushed with the DI disconnect so it doesn't get exhausted. I've changed the DI about 2 or 3 times now. TDS in is about 130 and My water is at 77PSI.
I've contacted brs through chat and was offered a replacement membrane but was disconnect so the transaction never went through. I emailed them but the person who I'm talking to said it isn't the membrane so they won't offer me a replacement membrane.

20210222_144004.jpg

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many possible things that could be wrong here.

My first question would be what TDS is coming out of the membrane? If you know the before and after then you can see how the membrane is performing. If the membrane is not working then that is your problem. If the membrane is fine and your DI is being fed less than 5 TDS my guess would be you have CO2 in your water which is more difficult to deal with.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of thoughts here.

One is that you could have a bad seal on your membrane, or it isn't seated just right, and high TDS water could be bypassing the membrane and exhausting the DI resin. I would think that you'd be getting much higher GPD water out than you expect though.

The second is that if you pack your own DI resin, and it isn't tight enough, you could have some channeling through the resin that exhausts it much quicker. I wouldn't think you'd go through it that quick, but I guess it's a possibility.

Just something to consider.

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of thoughts here.

One is that you could have a bad seal on your membrane, or it isn't seated just right, and high TDS water could be bypassing the membrane and exhausting the DI resin. I would think that you'd be getting much higher GPD water out than you expect though.

The second is that if you pack your own DI resin, and it isn't tight enough, you could have some channeling through the resin that exhausts it much quicker. I wouldn't think you'd go through it that quick, but I guess it's a possibility.

Just something to consider.
I would second Auquanut. It's worth a moment to double check how the RO filter cartridges are installed and that the seals are seated properly. I am certainly no expert but it does look like DI resin is soaking up all of the ions. Definitely weird.

Back