BRS Dual Chamber reactor - Orange rubber rings question

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have (or had) a BRS Dual Chamber reactor ? If so did yours come with one or two orange rubber rings ?

Mine only came with one and if I put it on the chamber with the carbon media than that chamber tumbles a little but the other one doesn't (the one I put the GFO in).

I am trying to figure out if I was suppose to have two orange rubber rings with my 'dual' , one for each chamber. Or if I really was only suppose to have one - then which chamber gets to rubber ring the carbon (closets to the output flow of water) or the first chamber with the GFO?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if it came with two, I quit using one a while ago. But it would be best to switch the carbon and GFO around, you want the GFO to slightly churn And you don't want your carbon doing that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I keep moving it around to find out if the GFO does any better.

This last go-around the carbon didn't tumble but it also looked like it wasn't do much of anything and had a layer of algae, dust or something on the top.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just email BRS and ask for the o-ring for it and I am sure they'll send you one. They have pretty good service, they even called me once to confirm my order.

OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just email BRS and ask for the o-ring for it and I am sure they'll send you one. They have pretty good service, they even called me once to confirm my order.

I will do that. Just wanted to check and see if it was normal to have only one for a two chamber reactor. I made a temporary one, oddly now the GFO slow tumbles but the carbons doesn't. Hope that is good.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back