BRS Glue question

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am doing some NSA Aqua Scaping using BRS Extra Thick Super Glue Gel. It is out of stock and I see that also have Bob Smith Industries Maxi-Cure Extra Thick Super Glue in stock. I believe these products are identical but wanted to get some input. Has anyone else used the Bob Industries product? Is it different from the BRS version of the product?

Thanks

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting video, good to know. I noticed he didn’t say anything about using quickest with the glue for faster setup. Most videos I see on doing Aquascaping recommend it. What are folks thoughts on the need of it. I plan on using glue for the basic hold and adding mortar to strengthen the bond.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting video, good to know. I noticed he didn’t say anything about using quickest with the glue for faster setup. Most videos I see on doing Aquascaping recommend it. What are folks thoughts on the need of it. I plan on using glue for the basic hold and adding mortar to strengthen the bond.
I’ve never personally used Quickest to make glue set up faster. On my current tank I used the drill and dowel technique. I used fiberglass rods to hold the rock together. On my new build I’ll be doing the same thing with the addition of mortar in some places! In my current tank I only have three rock structures with negative space. It is fairly minimal. I wanted good flow around everything, plus the ability to vacuum around all structures. I attached and older picture to see the rock better. The tallest structure in the middle is basically two rock. The structure on the right is also two rocks, with the smaller rock being on top where the hammer is mounted. The rock is also drilled in multiple places using an 1/8th inch masonry bit for “pegging” Corals. All of my frag disc that the corals are glued to are drilled in the center of the disc with an 1/8th inch hole also. Then a piece of 1/8th inch acrylic rod about an 1inch long is glued Into the disc. This makes moving corals around pretty easy if necessary. Just move from one hole on the rock structure to another.
F83F224D-DD12-42B9-A042-8C73D89760CF.jpeg
AD8EE611-F5E9-4664-B7F9-A613938A40F6.jpeg

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal Gardens recently did a video on glue used for their aquascape. It’s worth a watch.

Same problem as OP and this video just solved that problem. Was about to purchase the Jurassic glue on BRS (because the BRS brand is out of stock) but couldn’t stomach the price per gram so I kept researching and researching and this thread finally made the effort worth it. Just ordered 5 8oz bottles of the thin glue masters for my 130gal NSA build. Thank you for posting this video. And thank you Tidal Gardens for making this video!

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jurassic Gel $45.00=200g

Glue Masters $21.00=227g

AND Glue Masters offers a 15% military and student discount on their website.

I’ve never used either but if Tidal Gardens calls Glue Masters’s the “golden standard” I’m pretty confident it’ll get the job done. And done well;Happy

Back