BRS Hybrid Balling Method Question

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
761
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All!

My BRS order just came in and i have a question. By reading and watching videos I know i should add between 0-300ml of tropic marin a to alk and k to cal individually. When reading it said 80ml low demand, 160 medium and 330 high. Is there a way to specifically know or its just a guess?

My total system volume is 200g. I have my 90g display full of acros (mainly chunky frags), then my 50g frag tank full of zoa
 
I don’t think those numbers look right. I’m looking at the instructions and see 1 mL per 25 gallons. So a 200g tank would need 4 mL. Are we talking about the same product?

IMG_5103.png
 
I don’t think those numbers look right. I’m looking at the instructions and see 1 mL per 25 gallons. So a 200g tank would need 4 mL. Are we talking about the same product?

IMG_5103.png
IMG_3852.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3853.png
    IMG_3853.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 60
Ahhh, gotcha. You were talking about making the balling solutions, not dosing the tank. For reef moonshiners, they categorize trace demand as medium if you have a heavy coral load or a refugium, high demand if you have both those things together. I guess “heavy coral load” is still subjective though. How much alk does your tank consume per day?
 
Ahhh, gotcha. You were talking about making the balling solutions, not dosing the tank. For reef moonshiners, they categorize trace demand as medium if you have a heavy coral load or a refugium, high demand if you have both those things together. I guess “heavy coral load” is still subjective though. How much alk does your tank consume per day?
right now 45ml
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new