BRS Promo Card Expiry

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately I have only found this out, and it's a bit late to sufficiently 'warn' people, but the current Promo cards being given out by @Bulk Reef Supply have an exceptionally short expiry date of 18 Nov 21. This gives me just over 2 weeks to use it.

I'm sure it is buried in the T+Cs somewhere but this wasn't widely advertised. The cards given out during the last promo didn't expire, so this was a bit of a shock.

If you have one and haven't checked the expiry date, I would make sure that it doesn't expire before you get a chance to use it. And if you're placing a new order, you'll have to place another order pretty quickly otherwise it will be useless.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have one but thanks for the heads up for others and for the future!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup I saw that on the card. I guess the idea was so ppl would turn around nd reorder during there Halloween promo. guessing there will be more for BF/CM

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm guessing it is more likely that they will hope they expire before people get to use them.

I think it's a bit of a cheap shot to be honest. Trick or Treat anyone?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good deed unpunished. It’s a gimmick to goose sales. Take it for what it’s worth. Given that probably 99% of them are the 10 variety which you generally get by a normal purchase of x dollars, they didn’t give you much and you didn’t really lose much.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup..i fell for this myself. Made three orders that I really didnt need because I got caught up in the hype...all $10 cards as expected. I don't know why but i feel duped. Probably not fair to BRS as they are trying to goose their sales and it worked...but really am annoyed how this is just the same give away that they have just about every day anyway. I am not going to use them...to whomever wants them..take it.

MTNCFMXD
MTNDDDYE

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Even more annoying for me is that I used non-expiring cards in the knowledge that I would get new cards to replace them. The new ones are likely to be useless to me as well. I’m going to hang on another week or so but I may well post my codes here soon. Unsurprisingly there has been no response from @Bulk Reef Supply so I can only assume it was intentional.

On a positive note, it looks like Saltwater Aquarium is having a good promo at the moment and I’ve already won some (non-expiring) points from their giveaway. They’re also giving away a tank every day in November :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm guessing it is more likely that they will hope they expire before people get to use them.

I think it's a bit of a cheap shot to be honest. Trick or Treat anyone?

That's not fair to say especially when they GAVE these away.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I keep my mouth shut a lot because I'll be accused of sticking up for sponsors but man the negativity is ramped!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not fair to say especially when they GAVE these away.
Of course. as i said..it is not fair to say it. I even stated that in my post. I just fell for the marketing hype. It was more of a comment on myself than it was a knock on BRS.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last year they had a similar promo but the cards didn’t expire. I got four of them and still have one left. The last two promos like this have had expiration dates within weeks of the cards being sent.

What I don’t like is during their videos, Facebook and instagram posts they don’t mention the quick expiration dates anywhere. You don’t find out until the cards arrive.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even more annoying for me is that I used non-expiring cards in the knowledge that I would get new cards to replace them. The new ones are likely to be useless to me as well. I’m going to hang on another week or so but I may well post my codes here soon. Unsurprisingly there has been no response from @Bulk Reef Supply so I can only assume it was intentional.

On a positive note, it looks like Saltwater Aquarium is having a good promo at the moment and I’ve already won some (non-expiring) points from their giveaway. They’re also giving away a tank every day in November :D
They have mentioned the expiration dates on their videos. They are expiring when they do because of a large black Friday sale.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn’t see that, and many other people didn’t either. It’s not really a ‘giveaway’ if they are offering a discount coupon that can only be used when they don’t have a (equivalent) sale.

As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I won’t be fooled twice.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is in my opinion very fair to say. If you had a same promotion in the past with promo codes that don't expire it is very reasonable for shoppers to expect the same thing this go around. It's a classic changing the rules mid game and a very underhanded and shady tactic. Brs business practices have definitely changed since the investor buyout. The sales and promotions are nothing more than a tax write off. It's really sad to see what kind of company brs is becoming.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good deed unpunished. It’s a gimmick to goose sales. Take it for what it’s worth. Given that probably 99% of them are the 10 variety which you generally get by a normal purchase of x dollars, they didn’t give you much and you didn’t really lose much.
yep.. last time I had 10..all $10.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my mouth shut a lot because I'll be accused of sticking up for sponsors but man the negativity is ramped!
The negativity is not directed at BRS per se. It is just that the consumer is starting to get annoyed at the marketing tricks and gimmicks. We are starting to finally see through the games to get people to buy. Unfortunately, we are annoyed because they work. Rotating sales which actually translate into 'only fools pay full price' mentality.

JC Penny actually tried to get away from this a few years ago and it almost bankrupted the company.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see that, and many other people didn’t either. It’s not really a ‘giveaway’ if they are offering a discount coupon that can only be used when they don’t have a (equivalent) sale.

As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I won’t be fooled twice.
Huh? So you are mad at a company offering you a discount? Makes sense...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm tempted to move this to vendor feedback.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back