BRS YouTube going down hill?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About that... Looks like BRS is absorbing them.

I just saw that. I genuinely hope they expand what they carry. It would be terrible, in my opinion, if hobbyists lose access to items Marine Depot carried that BRS did not.

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord this thread is full of some of the most nit picky impossible to please people. If you don't like it, go buy somewhere else?

BRS has always said that they only sell products they would use on their own tanks. These "commercials" are spotlights on products that they already sell. I wanted a booster pump recently and they had a full video on the smart buddy booster pump. Where else am I going to find a video of someone opening, installing, and giving me a rundown?

Turn notifications off for them, or unsubscribe, the only downhill thing I see is peoples attitudes.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw that. I genuinely hope they expand what they carry. It would be terrible, in my opinion, if hobbyists lose access to items Marine Depot carried that BRS did not.
Doesn't look good for the most part. Reading the PR on marine depot website, it certainly looks like an acquire and shutdown type deal from BRS and purchased mostly for the digital content on YouTube.

Still have Jason and Premium Aquatics!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord this thread is full of some of the most nit picky impossible to please people. If you don't like it, go buy somewhere else?

BRS has always said that they only sell products they would use on their own tanks. These "commercials" are spotlights on products that they already sell. I wanted a booster pump recently and they had a full video on the smart buddy booster pump. Where else am I going to find a video of someone opening, installing, and giving me a rundown?

Turn notifications off for them, or unsubscribe, the only downhill thing I see is peoples attitudes.
Fancy someone giving their opinion on a forum, the cheek of it. :D

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't their sales pitch videos. They are running a business of selling stuff. I don't have to watch each and everyone but if it is something I am interested in it is good to see a product in action. It is what sold me on the Varios return pump.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for tagging us, I'd be happy to jump into the conversation! The product spotlight videos are a main focus for Thomas and Jen right now, as many of you have already pointed out. There are a few things that we've done regarding these videos, so hear us out.

Our main goal behind these product spotlight videos is to have a spotlight on every product we sell. The intention behind that is that if you're interested in, for example, the Python water change system, you can find a video all about it on our website on that specific product page. You'll be able to learn about what it does before you purchase. YouTube happens to be a great hosting platform for those videos.

We've turned off YouTube subscriber notifications for product spotlight videos so that you're not inundated with a ton of these videos every week. If you like Thomas' funny antics like we do, you'll probably seek them out anyway :)

Not to worry though, the BRStv Investigates videos that you've all come to know and love will still be a BRStv fixture for Ryan and Randy in addition to our weekly Thursday live stream. We don't always have something to test, so hopefully you're all finding the mistakes and other Ryan and Randy video series helpful too!

I like BRS channel. I have learned a lot there. Especially when researching a product. Hopefully it only gets better. Keep up the good work. :cool:

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long format videos from BRS are excellent in that unbias truth does come out. Randy openly admitted he never got good results form LEDs like he did with T5 or T5/MH combos. This does not happen in the 5 minute product spotlight nor the 15 minute study results. Unless you buy frags from WorldWide corals where they undertook the massive challenge of acclimating SPS to LEDS, your results will vary as well.

I do catch up every once in a while but I can not tell you how much junk is in a landfill from them. I buy basic boring stuff that is reliable. I like Sicce loose rotor pumps. I use and Avast Kalk stirrer with a spare motor and an 8x54 4' ATI T5 fixture with and a ton of 2 year cured dead rock.

Every Kessil I got died eventually. The roller mat can be replaced with 10" micron filter bought in bulk for 2-3 dollars each. I sort of learned my lesson. Most new products are bleeding edge.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back