Brute water storage container color, does it matter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JReef3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Try cleaning with vinegar and a scrub sponge. Even though it's months old, it might be the release agent/coating that was used during manufacture.

The other possibility is chloramine and your RO/DI isn't removing it. Do you have chlorinated water and did they recently change to chloramine?
 
I bought a blue one several months back and has been fine until now. I used to store RODI water for weeks at a time but recently I’ve been getting a urine smell after only 2 days of making it. I cleaned and dried the can out thoroughly and made another batch, smelled fine until the next day and it was back to the urine smell. I’m going to look for a grey one now.
Sorry, I’ve been busy and haven’t checked in on the site in a while. Did you get the grey one and did it resolve the smell or are you still having issues?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new