btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok update:

Spent 1.5 hours tearing apart the tank to remove my Solon wrasse as he was terrorizing my Red Velvet and other wrasses like crazy. My Red Velvet was dead this morning from the chasing and spent most of the time in the rocks. I wish I took the time to do this yesterday and he could have been alive this morning.

I also took out the Lamarks angelfish as she's got some type of white growth at the tips of her anal fins and a bit on her dorsal fins. It wasn't there while in the QT and was even treated with PraziPro. She's now in the QT and I started a treatment of PraziPro to see if that helps. The treatment should be done a few days before the new arrivals so I can get some fresh carbon and make sure the water is pristine for the new arrivals.

That Larmarks was the hardest fish I've ever had to get out. Very tricky.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to put this down for reference as my current "wish list" for my tank:

1: Earlei
2: Rea Sea Eight Line - have a female in QT and a male on the way this week
3: Red Velvet - my male just died from aggression from my Solorensis but he's been removed since
4: Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse
5: Hooded Fairy -
just ordered the male from LADD - very excited
6: Johnsoni
7: Nahacky's Fairy
8: Lineatus Fairy -
my unicorn
9: Rhomboid
10: Laboutei

A few others I'm thinking about are:
- Mitratus Butterfly
- Bluejaw Tilefish
- Bluejaw Trigger
- Pair of Black/White clowns

Last edited:
OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Hooded Fairy on LADD is really calling my name :) I might have to pull the trigger on that one.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke too soon, its sold :(
Just kidding, It'll be here this week :)

_cfimg312230676186220083.PNG

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You stole my list

Haha. Its a fine list if I do say so myself :) I actually just updated #3. Belle may be obtainable but I don't see myself paying $1500 for one so I doubt I'll ever keep one. PIA is working on attenuatus so hopefully that will become a reality.

I think for now I'm going to focus on this list - I know a few are hard to come by but it'll give me time in between fish, haha

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced a couple of those with Butterflies if you dont mind and I may raise you an angel or two. I might need like 6 more jobs and one less wife too, LOL.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 20-25 lbs of cured live rock in today that I ordered from Premium. Either they didn't read my note saying I didn't want huge pieces or misread it cause I got a few huge pieces, haha. Its ok though, I made some room for them in the tank. One pieces I got was spectacular...will have to take some pics later. One of the pieces even had a baby brittle star on it so I know it had some life. I filled up a bucket about half way to rinse them off before putting in the tank. The goal behind getting more live rock was to get more life into the tank.

Additionally, I got a few fish in today:
  • Eightline Flasher Wrasse - very small female (already swimming around the QT with the other Eightline female)
  • Lamarks Angelfish - medium sized female - bigger than my other female (no fighting at all between the two)
  • Hooded Fairy Wrasse - nice looking male - hiding in the rocks already but nobody is bullying him that I can tell
  • 2 x Tiger Tail Cucumbers to help clean up the sand
Since the one female has been in QT and a few treatments already and the newest one came in from LADD, I'll probably put them in the DT sometime this weekend, likely Sunday to give the newby a few days to chill out. They'll go in the accilmation box for a bit to prevent aggression.

The Larmarks angelfish will go through a Acriflavine treatment to help rid her of lymphocytosis before going back to the DT. I'll start it after moving the eightline flashers out of the QT.

Lastly, the Blue Flasher that I got on 12/26 will also go through the above treatment with the Larmarks. He's gained a lot of his color back since I got him and is very comfortable swimming around the QT.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking good so far. Fish in the QT are still eating very well and I'm thinking about putting the eightline wrasses in the acclimation box in the QT so I can see them a little better....even if its just for a day or so.

The two female Lamarks in the QT are bickering a little but nothing too bad. The newer, bigger one chases the smaller one every once in a while but nothing big...they swim around pretty decently together.

Today I ordered a orange spotted blenny and a pair of adorantus wrasses. I already have a tiny female and I lost a male that I bought from NYA (never made it out of QT) so I thought it would be cool to have a trio of these guys. Pics of the new purchases below. Trying to get a little variety in the tank so I'm starting with the blenny, haha. Of course any delivery I take must have a nice wrasse in it :) Looking forward to having the male adornatus in there.

lg-0111121-040.jpg

lg-0111121-216P.jpg

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious if your planning on a labouts wrasse at some point. If so they are on sale at live aquaria $80 cant beat that price.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious if your planning on a labouts wrasse at some point. If so they are on sale at live aquaria $80 cant beat that price.

Labouti are probably one of my favorite in terms of looks and beauty, but my last one was pretty aggressive towards any new comers. I'll probably get one but it'll be later down the road so all my other wrasses are established.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale though...I'm very tempted, haha, but I have to wait. I did have one that was being held by a friend but when it came time to get him back I was told he was dead. :( Same for my rhomboid as well.

bluwinghawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fantastic job really like how you contain everything plumbing very neat cant be a plumber lol ? though the splash gaurd will that take any value off the par for the leds?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking good so far. Fish in the QT are still eating very well and I'm thinking about putting the eightline wrasses in the acclimation box in the QT so I can see them a little better....even if its just for a day or so.

The two female Lamarks in the QT are bickering a little but nothing too bad. The newer, bigger one chases the smaller one every once in a while but nothing big...they swim around pretty decently together.

Today I ordered a orange spotted blenny and a pair of adorantus wrasses. I already have a tiny female and I lost a male that I bought from NYA (never made it out of QT) so I thought it would be cool to have a trio of these guys. Pics of the new purchases below. Trying to get a little variety in the tank so I'm starting with the blenny, haha. Of course any delivery I take must have a nice wrasse in it :) Looking forward to having the male adornatus in there.

lg-0111121-040.jpg

lg-0111121-216P.jpg

Very nice pick ups. I've always enjoyed seeing the orange spot blenny in person. The Adornatus are awesome too.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin. Its funny because I actually called LA and cancelled that order at around 10am EST. At 2:15pm, I got a shipment notification but didn't pay any mind to it since I figured it was an automated thing and just left over from the cancelation. However, I check the tracking at its currently at my local FedEx facility and on the way. What even more odd is that they did cancel the paypal payment as well when I called to cancel.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...this is why I love LA. I called explaining the situation and told them what happened. I even offered that they could take my credit on file for the order if they wanted since I had canceled it and the Paypal charge was refunded as well. She talked to her supervisor and then came back to me, explaining that they would put the credit back on my file and make sure that they paypal charge cancellation went through, saying this order would be no charge to me.

I mean, who else does something like that? Anywhere? Gotta love LA

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, free fish. Their service is unmatched for sure.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this was cool...a few progression shots. First pics were 11/24, second pics were taken today.

LongFinProgression.jpg

OrangeShoulderProgression.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two other pics I thought were decent:

Terminal Male Filamented Flasher:

DSC_3581.jpg

My new orange spotted blenny (eating mysis now)

DSC_3571.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back