OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was kinda surprised to see the difference when I looked back at older pictures. The Long Fin Fairy looks and acts like a completely different fish.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still need to take the time to get better pictures, maybe that'll be something I do tomorrow since I'm off for MLK.

DSC_3604.jpg

Male Hooded Fairy - he's so fast I can hardly get a pic in focus
DSC_3597.jpg

Male Adornatus
DSC_3599.jpg

Female Adornatus (eating piece of clam)
DSC_3596.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aggression at all with the new Adorantus wrasses so I'm pretty happy about that. Even the females don't look twice at each other so its nice.

I think I lost my female Girdled wrasse, possibly from swimming bladder issue. She wasn't swimming well the last day I saw her and haven't seen her since. She seemed healthly until I saw her swimming eradicly one night. She was hanging with the male a bit and also hanging with the Royal Flasher as well. I also lost the original Lamarks angelfish that is in the QT. She got popeye and never recovered. I'm assuming that she got it from the aggression of the other Lamarks. I did separate her with the acclimation cage but she stopped eating once she got popeye and never turned around.

Other than that, all the other fish are doing great. I got scared cause I saw a bunch of white spots on the black tang out of nowhere, but after a day or two he looks like normal and can't see any spots. Not sure if he was just stressed or what but it looks to be gone.

Equipment wise I got a nice Avast Marine skimmate locker for my skimmer and can't wait to get it hooked up. Need to get some longer tubing.

Last but not least, got some food in today and this doesn't include all the food I bought yesterday, haha :)

2012-01-19_21-05-32_270.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haha, exactly. I'm kind of obsessing over giving my fish a wide variety of stuff. I have been feeding PE Mysis, Bloodworms, Spirulina Brine, Mussels, Squid, Cyclopeeze, Plankton, Rods Food (Fish Only, Pacific Plankton, Herbivore, Regular), and have been putting in multiple types of seaweed/nori like green, red, purple.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I got him from Divers Den so I put him in the DT. Not ideal but he was ordered before I started having issues with the QT. He got chase by the original (tiny) female adornatus for a minute, but he's been doing great in the tank since.

QT fish are doing well so far in the 1.009 water, still eating very well. I still see a few spots on the damsels so my 4 week countdown hasn't even started yet.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan why don't you just make your own DIY food? It is much cheaper and you can have more control on what they are specifically getting.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan why don't you just make your own DIY food? It is much cheaper and you can have more control on what they are specifically getting.

Because I get food cheap when I order online. I have thought about it though...might have to explore doing it once I run out of this stuff. I have been thinking about buying small silicon ice trays online to put the homemade food in to make them small cubes and keep them in the freezer.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link for the ice trays? My method definitely needs some improvement. I tried using eggcrate last time and it turned into a large cluster of goo....

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a big zip lock bag and just spread it kinda thin so it'll break off like Rods food. I love homemade food.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a big zip lock bag and just spread it kinda thin so it'll break off like Rods food. I love homemade food.

I tried that once but I think I didn't chop up the stuff small enough. Will definitely have to try again. Will have to order some Selcon bottles to add to the mix as well.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh yes those would work great! I bookmarked them so I can get some next time I need to make food.

Yeah I like those since they look very flexible and should allow you to get the food out easier...in theory at least, haha. I'm actually amazed at how many different ice trays there are on Amazon, haha.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, gonna do a test to see how long I can go without cleaning out my skimmer, haha. I got a Avast Marine skimmate locker, the large one, from Craig and hooked it up tonight. Got some 5/8" braided hose which connected to both the collection cup and the skimmate locker perfectly. I have the neck cleaner on my skimmer, but I'll go ahead and clean it tomorrow to start fresh :)

Day 1 = tomorrow

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pics tonight to start trying on Manual mode and learning that way. Got some decent pics out of the 200 I took, haha. These were taking on S mode, ISO 400, and auto white balance +2. Still not the greatest but better than most of my previous pictures.

DSC_3761.jpg

DSC_3720.jpg

DSC_3719.jpg

DSC_3738.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey bro. have tried using flash for fish pics? I find that with fishes, using flash is the best way to catch them. good luck though. the pics above is a great start. I'm sure we'll be seeing more pics of your awesome fishes. Blue Face is amazing. :marv :marv

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back