OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing I thought of is that I'll probably be treating the current fish with medicine just to ensure they don't bring anything into the new tank. The goal is to ensure I've done everything that I can so no pathogens get into the new tank.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, but about to txt my guy who ordered it to find out. Good thing is that I didn't have to pay for shipping, since it'll just come on their normal truck with Marineland equipment. Plus, I got it wholesale price :) I could have gotten the 300 DD for the same price, but I know I would have had to buy more equipment, like lights and pumps and such, so I decided against it.

I don't know... At the rate you are buying wrasses, you'll need the 300 next month. LOL
We will have PIA driving Mercedes in no time.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know... At the rate you are buying wrasses, you'll need the 300 next month. LOL
We will have PIA driving Mercedes in no time.

Haha, true. My order this week is close to $1000 worth of fish....sad thing is, it's only for 5 fish.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some stuff for the quarantine and such.

2 x Reef Crystals (1 bucket and 1 box) - New Build
AquaClear Power Filter 70 - QT Tank
Seachem Cupramine - QT Tank
Seachem Ammonia Alert - QT Tank
PraziPro - QT Tank
Salifert Ammonia & Copper Test Kit - QT Tank

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on building the stand.... Will 2 x4s be fine to build the stand, or should I use something a little bigger?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used them for my 120g. I framed it 16" on center and used 3" wood screws and it came out really stout. I would think you should be fine if you do the same.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Confirmed with my dad that he'll think it'll be fine as well :) Never be too sure.

Now if I can just get some exact measurements on the tank before I get it I can get started on the stand early.

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan, you're the first person I've found who purchased the new Reef Octopus SSS 3000. I just received mine today and it is breaking in now. It is a BEAST compared to the old ASM G3 it is replacing. The Bubble Blaster seems to be a very quiet pump. Steve.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. This thing is a beast huh. I bought mine in January I think, and its the best skimmer I've ever used. Im actually talking to CoralVue and they are supposed to be shipping me a cleaner head that will fit on this. Can't wait to make an awesome skimmer even better.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'll be happy to shoot a pic tonight of it in action. it does an awesome job, and pulls some nasty stuff out of the water. Julie HATES when I empty it out, cause it stinks up the whole kitchen for like an hour. haha.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got some rock in. This is what 35 lbs of Fiji, 25 lbs of EcoRock, 5 lbs of tonga shelf, and 3 lbs of tonga branch look like :)

2011-03-16_17-39-38_4031.jpg

2011-03-16_17-39-18_681.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, update: I have decided that I'm going to move to fish only tank. This will give me the ability to get some fish that I haven't been able to before, such as rare butterfly fish, angels, etc. Will still focus on a crazy nice wrasse collection, but will be adding many nice other fish as well.

I will also be updating the first post as I move along with decisions like this :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, update: I have decided that I'm going to move to fish only tank. This will give me the ability to get some fish that I haven't been able to before, such as rare butterfly fish, angels, etc. Will still focus on a crazy nice wrasse collection, but will be adding many nice other fish as well.

I will also be updating the first post as I move along with decisions like this :)
sounds awesome man! me and my bro have been discussing about setting a FOWLR tank for angels and butterflies. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of wrasses collection you'll end up with. :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds awesome man! me and my bro have been discussing about setting a FOWLR tank for angels and butterflies. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of wrasses collection you'll end up with. :)

Thanks, I can't wait. I really wished it was up already, I would have picked up that big golden butterfly nyaquatic had, and that Goldflake Angel PIA has.

Ill be adding some wrasses Friday :) A trio of Flames and the Johnsoni pair.....so excited.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo....my wrasses just come in. Just from looking through the bags, everybody seems to be swimming around and looks great. The Johnsoni are pretty small, but I've read that on here that they are a smaller fish. It actually works out better for now since they'll go in with all my other wrasses until I get my big tank up :)

More pics to come on the Johnsoni pair and Flame trio

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back