Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read all the 37 pages and all the posts to be up to date. I've ordered my capsules last night for my 30 cube. It's very low tech with hob filter stock carbon filter pad and a Berlin 90 air stone skimmer.
P04 is .05
N03 is .25 I think(I can't tell from the salifert testing kit it's too hard to determine)
Ncreefguy I see that your waiting to do a water change for 2 weeks which is what most of us are going to do but I haven't seen anyone ask how much to change since no longer term effects have been determined. With that being said could a 50 percent or even 100 percent wc be detrimental to corals after the waiting period is over?

My thinking for that is with the water change it would remove all the medication from the system.

I would never do a 100% WC unless it was a last resort from some sort of accidental spilling of something lethal into the tank. I'm going to change 25% of my water and put my carbon reactor back online after it's been two weeks. Honestly I'm not seeing any real reason to rush getting the medication out of the system.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NCreefguy, thanks for posting your success....this in but one more documented case of Fluconazole killing Bryosis. I see a bunch of other folks purchasing this wonder drug. Please start your own posts and document your findings (with pictures) so that we can build the evidence of this stuff working. Thanks.

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Payless site looks like a front to sell antibiotics without a script. There's no way that you would use most of them for fish. But I'm in on this bryopsis game. Has everyone bought from them safely? I guess PayPal will keep me from any financial harm.

Everyone order ok from them?
Theres at least 2 of us here that have ordered from the same source and it crossed the border into Canada, just got mine today. It's legit :)

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of it years ago with high Mg and constant small dosing of tech-m at 1600ppm. I was out of town a lot recently and hadn't kept an eye on my stats and everything dropped out. I put gallons of tech-m in and got it back up and have slowed down the nasty stuff. I think this is the option I'm going to try. You would think it couldn't live with ulns but this stuff is a monster. Like others have said it embarrassing to take pictures of or show other people.

Ordering now...
You wont regret it. Tech M no longer works because of a change in formula. (Based on others experiemce and not mine).

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how this thread inspires people to show photos of their Bryopsis filled tanks! If it wasn't for this we would never be able to see what people weren't proud of before. Good times

Wonder if this company even knows why they're having a huge influx of orders on this stuff. Anyone touch base by email? Also wonder how much supply they have, get on it if you haven't already!

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres at least 2 of us here that have ordered from the same source and it crossed the border into Canada, just got mine today. It's legit :)

Yeah I'm not affiliated with them in any way,I've just ordered from them twice and received both orders in 2-3 days.

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 20 capsules for my 40b...If you need to use 1capsule/10gal, then I shouldn't use more than 5 capsules, so I have 4 total attempts. The $/capsule difference between 20 and 30 was none, so I didn't want to throw away an extra $10 if it doesnt work.

How many miligram per capsule?. It came standard as 150mg in my country. For 75G, I only need around 10 capsules. Are you sure you are not way too overdosed?

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how this thread inspires people to show photos of their Bryopsis filled tanks! If it wasn't for this we would never be able to see what people weren't proud of before. Good times

lol yeah I've hated the way that my sand looks for a long time but I'm changing that now.

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many miligram per capsule?. It came standard as 150mg in my country. For 75G, I only need around 10 capsules. Are you sure you are not way too overdosed?

We don't know what the minimum effective dose is right now. All we know was from what some people over seas were using as a dosage. Some were using almost twice as much but I decided to go with a lower dosage.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wont regret it. Tech M no longer works because of a change in formula. (Based on others experiemce and not mine).

I tried the Kent Tech M didn't work for me. The high Mg levels killed all my snails but didn't kill the Bryopsis. I'm currently using Vibrant. The Vibrant has slowed it down and has made it easier to remove from the rocks but it hasn't killed it off. I placed my order yesterday for this product.

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wonder if this company even knows why they're having a huge influx of orders on this stuff. Anyone touch base by email? Also wonder how much supply they have, get on it if you haven't already!

Too funny. I was thinking the same thing as you. I am glad I bought it early because I can see the price increasing based on supply and demand. This works. I am literally watching the bryopsis disintegrate before my eyes. And I cannot wipe the smile from my face.

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the Kent Tech M didn't work for me. The high Mg levels killed all my snails but didn't kill the Bryopsis. I'm currently using Vibrant. The Vibrant has slowed it down and has made it easier to remove from the rocks but it hasn't killed it off. I placed my order yesterday for this product.

I agressively dosed Vibrant for two months. It wiped out all algae except for the bryopsis. The Vibrant significantly weakened the bryopsis because mine is disintegrating after 4 days. It is my belief that a preliminary dosage of Vibrant to remove the gha, bubble algae and other nuisance algae followed by the flucosonale for bryopsis will clean any tank. The only requirement after is to maintain appropriate nutrience balanve.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The nutrient swing with Vibrant was a bit tricky for me and I only dosed 1ml. Starting Fluconazle Saturday.

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Payless site looks like a front to sell antibiotics without a script. There's no way that you would use most of them for fish. But I'm in on this bryopsis game. Has everyone bought from them safely? I guess PayPal will keep me from any financial harm.

Everyone order ok from them?
Same for me as Marty. They Payless Pets Meds has numerous medications for fish. I live in Texas, ordered mine on Saturday night and got it Wednesday. Came from Minnesota and was packed in a small box.

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the dose is 20mg per gallon so 25 capsules will do 250 gallons
I did 200mg per 10 gallons. Same as 20mg per gallon, either or.
Hopefully someone will be able to come up with a bare minimum dosage per water volume at some point. I'd like to know what the least amount would be and still be effective.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 63 39.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 81 51.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back