BTA help

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently upgraded tanks from 40b to 75, used as much water and all my rock from 40b when transitioning. Since ive moved everything my two RBTA’s seem to have shrunk slightly i have three others one acid wash, one orange tip and another highlighter washed, which all seem to be doing ok.
Params:
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
phos: .2
nitrate: 5
calcium: 450
dkh: 10
salabity: 1.026

only thing that has really changed any was NO3 which went from between 5-10 closer to 10. lighting is the same, kept same no3xport bricks,rock, chaeto and left my scrubber screen the way it was and didnt clean it untill the 2nd week of the tank transfer. Did use new sand in the 75 mixed with maybe 1/2 gallon of old sand mixed in prior to transfer.

any ideas? thanks!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like they are just a bit unhappy. Especially since the others are doing fine.

Even though everything is basically the same, it’s not.

A simple change in flow can change a nems attitude. Maybe it is a difference in flow?

Either way, no reason why they still won’t thrive and do well. Just be on the watch for them moving around to find that special spot again!

Keep us posted and we do like pics!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I’m assuming your phosphates are .02, not .2?

OP
OP
Bassmaster116

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I’m assuming your phosphates are .02, not .2?
yes sorry and yea could be they havent been closed up just not as big the two smaller ones seem to be doing best. the orange tip is doing good same as the rainbows but not as unhappy. i figured if they are staying put and havent closed up they are still adjusting. i dont have any pics of them in the 75 but i do before the switch!

9CF21B5A-7DA6-470A-AA7B-D8EE296DBC17.jpeg

OP
OP
Bassmaster116

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my RBTA's and my orange tip green BTA still haven't really shown any signs of being on the up and up.
Same lighting, same parameters except for N03 dropping from 15-20 to about 5-10. Once i transferred tanks and they shrunk i have only fed them a tiny chunk of silver side, but have continued feeding Reef Roids, just not as much. they sometimes seem like they are bouncing back, but also sometimes look worse. They haven't moved from the original spots, and their mouths haven't been open except for when being fed. Any help would be appreciated as these are my favorite things!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back